Sunstone Attendance?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Rob4Hope

Sunstone Attendance?

Post by Rob4Hope » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:34 am

I know this is not the right forum, but I wanna know.

Who is going to SunStone, and what days?

græy

Re: Sunstone Attendance?

Post by græy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:38 am

About 1500 miles too far for me to make it. I wish I could be there though...
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Why is this not the right forum?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:16 am

Probably should be down in the meetings and gettogether group. But this is the one that gets the most visibility, which is why I put it here.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:47 am

I will be at the 2019 Sunstone all week. I will doing a presentation on Thursday about the operations, history, and future of the Mesa Easter Pageant. It should actually be a fairly believer friendly presentation all things considered. My speaker bio implies that I am an active member. But we can meet for dinner afterwards and get the real scoop.

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Corsair wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:47 am
I will be at the 2019 Sunstone all week. I will doing a presentation on Thursday about the operations, history, and future of the Mesa Easter Pageant. It should actually be a fairly believer friendly presentation all things considered. My speaker bio implies that I am an active member. But we can meet for dinner afterwards and get the real scoop.
I'd like to meet up with several from this group if possible and perhaps have dinner somewhere. I believe I know you Corsair. Hope to see a few others as well....

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm

If I was going, I think I would want to take in the presentation on Friday for Radio Free Mormon and that Mesa Easter Pageant one on Thursday. The fact that our own board members are involved in those presentations would make them extra special. I will try to broadcast supportive thought waves beamed at the Sandy Expo Center on those days. If you see a feather rise from the ground or smell flatulence... well, supportive thought waves take many forms and since I am less than two miles away, it can be pretty potent.

Yummy eats can be found nearby, such as gang dang and masaman curry at Simply Thai, Philly cheesesteaks at the Philadelphian, the signature pastrami burger across the street at Crown Burger, or a wall of mind-numbing noise at Joe's Crabshack.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:29 am

Wait, it's not on the UofU campus this year?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:13 pm

I’ve never been, but am interested in attending in Salt Lake (Sandy). I hope to attend. I will be the guy in shorts with a polo shirt.
~2bizE

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:18 pm

2bizE wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:13 pm
I will be the guy in shorts with a polo shirt.
The typical men's summer attire for the Unitarian Church.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha