OBI WAN ward program

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.

RubinHighlander

Re: OBI WAN ward program

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:38 am

Excellent.

Unfortunately, McGregor is yet another bearded white guy, not accurate for a more non-fictional Jesus persona.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:59 am

What's funny is this has been around for a decade, ever since SW1 came out. Every one in a while someone will slip in thinking it is Jesus. I've seen this in all sorts of Christian denominations, not just LDS ones.

My question is how much of it is people's ignorance, thinking it is, and how much is people intentionally trolling church goers to see if they are paying intention and know their sci-fi pop culture.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:02 am

Just This Guy wrote:What's funny is this has been around for a decade, ever since SW1 came out. Every one in a while someone will slip in thinking it is Jesus. I've seen this in all sorts of Christian denominations, not just LDS ones.

My question is how much of it is people's ignorance, thinking it is, and how much is people intentionally trolling church goers to see if they are paying intention and know their sci-fi pop culture.
In this case it was intentional trolling. The clerk in charge of the program slipped it in for fun. I wonder how his leaders feel about that. Image