Weed saved my marriage....

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
Hermey

Weed saved my marriage....

Post by Hermey » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:39 pm

(Channeling my inner ‘cwald’ tonight. 😂)

It’s helping - I’m talking about the weed. My wife has noticed a difference. Not all attributed to that, but it is most definitely a part.

wtfluff

Re: Weed saved my marriage....

Post by wtfluff » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:41 pm

:mrgreen:

Please teach us your ways Dear Sensei.

Just kidding...

I'm pretty sure most any type of mind-altering substance could improve my marriage. Any way to get me to be less of an anti-social, social-reject Fluffy idiot is an improvement, eh?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:09 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:41 pm
:mrgreen:

Please teach us your ways Dear Sensei.

Just kidding...

I'm pretty sure most any type of mind-altering substance could improve my marriage. Any way to get me to be less of an anti-social, social-reject Fluffy idiot is an improvement, eh?
:D

I’m sleeping better, less pain, and am actually able to relax and be better at being present. For the sake of brevity, let’s translate that into....I’m less of an asshole. 😂

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:46 am

The War on Drugs has done so much harm to the potential of plant medicines that could have helped so many people. I'm glad society is starting to grow up a little bit in this area. I have many friends whose illnesses and mental health have been greatly improved by natural substances.

I'm really glad this has helped you, Hermey. Weed is a big scary thing to people who have never tried it. Once you have it's like, hmm, what's all the fuss about? Maybe God/god put those receptors in your brain for a reason?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 am

There's an ex-mo I've gotten to know locally that has used weed to get through some anxiety, but he can't tell his wife that's what he's using (I think he does the vaporizer but I am not 100% sure, but I know there's not the "smell" you'd normally have)...

Anyway, his wife has commented a few times about how he seems so much calmer and they've had better conversations in the times he's used it.

Pretty funny - the idea of weed is scary to me in having been raised that way, but if it helps other people to ease up and relax, more power to them.

Random

Post by Random » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:01 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 am
Pretty funny - the idea of weed is scary to me in having been raised that way, but if it helps other people to ease up and relax, more power to them.
Me, too. The indoctrination runs deep. I know a lot of people it helps, though, and many of them have a letter from a doctor saying they can have it.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK