Bizzare Mormon Dr. replaces husbands' seed with his own

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Palerider

Bizzare Mormon Dr. replaces husbands' seed with his own

Post by Palerider » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:49 am

Didn't know if any of you had seen this guy. Hard to figure why someone would think this was o.k. :?

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/loc ... 23464.html
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Red Ryder

Re: Bizzare Mormon Dr. replaces husbands' seed with his own

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:03 am

What is it with Mormon sexual perversion? Probably a nut job looking to create dynastic eternal familial relationships similar to Joseph Smith only he optimized his strategy so that he didn’t have to chase them polygamy style.

Unfortunately this psycho isn’t the first Mormon Dr. to do this.

Let’s not forget Mortimer was also a Mission President in the Philippines and then in 2010 called as the Cebu City Philippines TEMPLE PRESIDENT!

Which means he had his second anointing!

https://www.thechurchnews.com/archives/ ... s-79-69325

I can’t believe they didn’t abort his announcement from the church news.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:10 am

Not sure why this Temple President decided to follow the path of another LDS doctor, Cecil Jacobson, who was sentenced to five years in prison for the same thing. Pretty sure this variation on spreading of righteous seed is as problematic as polygamy.

Temple President Mortimer's legal hopes in Idaho will hinge on his being able to prove he paid a full tithe on the money he saved on sperm samples.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/local/2 ... president/

BTW, this was discovered by Ancestry.com. :twisted: :lol: :D
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Advocate

Post by Advocate » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:26 am

Add one to the score for our Prophet, Seer, and Revelator exercising the gift of discernment!

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:53 am

I see an RFM podcast in your future Dr Mortimer!
Diving deeper into the 2nd anointing and "Called by Inspiration/God"

Edit/Add:

What if those affected and those in the community demanded the church excommunicate this guy? It would force the church to go against it's own "secret" doctrine! Might be an opportunity here and with the MTC prez and others, that if they have this 2nd anointing, to get it called out more into the public that this thing really means and eventually force the church to get rid of it. That would further erode the super special guys club and perhaps save some future victims of these dirt bags from thinking they can get with crap like this!
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

slk

Post by slk » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:57 pm

I don't know how many times I've brought up this story on Reddit. How could his wife stay with him after this came to light?...oh yeah, do what you're told and follow the Priesthood holder.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:48 pm

I'm wondering if the family might have a good case to sue for back payments of child support? Maybe they wouldn't want the Doc's money but in reality the girl was his child....🤔

Curious how a judge would view that.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

George Washington

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:09 am

slk wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:57 pm
I don't know how many times I've brought up this story on Reddit. How could his wife stay with him after this came to light?...oh yeah, do what you're told and follow the Priesthood holder.
How could she stay?

In reality, how could she leave? She probably never finished her education, that is if she even pursued a college degree after her 3 month engagement to Mr. Mortimer. She probably does not have any relevant life skills other than changing diapers, making peanut butter and jellly sandmiches, caring for children, preparing visiting teaching lessons, and tough laundry stain removal from sacred underwear.

She’s probably never had a job, a job interview, or even prepared a resume. She’s probably never pursued any self interests that would prepare her to survive if she had to walk away from a sleazy, selfish, psycho, self donating walking sperm bank like Dr. Mortimer.

That’s how she can stay...
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Different guy, but also in Utah...my son's friend did the 23andme DNA thing and found out he's the son of a sperm bank technician and has about 1000 siblings. It must be quite a shock.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:30 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:54 pm
Different guy, but also in Utah...my son's friend did the 23andme DNA thing and found out he's the son of a sperm bank technician and has about 1000 siblings. It must be quite a shock.
Ohoooo....I guess that ups the chances of accidentally marrying your half sister or brother, eh? :?

George Washington

slk

Post by slk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:55 am

RR, you're absolutely right. An 80 yr old lady is not going anywhere with no skills, no personal retirement and she's not going to jeopardize the "eternal marriage." Kind of like when I was a kid and my dad dumped a pot of macaroni on my mom's head. My poor mom probably thought she deserved it. I know where I'd be staying the night if I did that to my wife.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:41 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Did this make the news?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:44 am

Palerider wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:30 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Ohoooo....I guess that ups the chances of accidentally marrying your half sister or brother, eh? :?

So if you are in a relationship with someone from a different mother, but both are fathered by the same sperm bank tech, is that legally considered incest? Could you marry someone in that situation?
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:37 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:41 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Did this make the news?
Yes, it was a big story in the mid '70s. Guy's name is Tom Lippert.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Here are a couple of stories relating to Hagoth's post on Tom Lippert:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... linic.html

https://healthcare.utah.edu/community-l ... ab%20facts
-- Moksha

Random

Post by Random » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Hagoth wrote:
my son's friend did the 23andme DNA thing and found out he's the son of a sperm bank technician and has about 1000 siblings.
The following questions are not about the men discussed in this thread thus far. They obviously did something illegal.

Is it illegal for a sperm bank technician to donate sperm?

Is it illegal for a fertility doctor to donate sperm?

And is sperm actually donated, or do the donors get paid for it?
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Hagoth wrote:
There was a movie with that theme. The speed donor then started to try to be involved in the lives of his 400 kids. Something like that. It actually was a pretty good show.
~2bizE

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:52 pm

So, I know a little about sperm donating and artificial insemination...I grew up on a small cattle farm. In order to prevent breeding (mother to son, etc) and to improve genes, we would artificially inseminate most of our cows.
We had an annual catalog with hundreds of bulls listing their important characteristics like birth weights of calves, 205 day weight, and a nice picture of the bull. We would order (purchase) the semen and keep it in a liquid nitrogen tank (frozen).
For humans, is there a similar process? Can the recipients choose their sperm donor from a nice list of attractive men with important characteristics listed? Let’s say a couple unable to conceive chooses some sperm from Favio, a tall handsome Italian. Then instead of ordering the sperm from Favio, the doctor provides his own semen....then DNA testing finds the creepy doctor.... this is terrible and great at the same time.

I am including a link to a website where you too can select your favorite bovine and purchase semen.
What do you think about “Hoover Know How”?

https://selectsiresbeef.com/bulls/angus/
~2bizE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:57 pm

I know it is possible for a woman to choose from a catalog of donors, but I believe most of these cases were couples having in vetro fertilization, where the woman thought she was having her eggs fertilized by her husband's sperm. That's where it gets ugly. My son's friend thought he was the son of the man who raised him but that the fertilization had been done in a petri dish due to his parents' difficulty conceiving. No one expected that a third party had slipped a surprise gift under the door.

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:29 pm

Some of these were sperm mixing situations. Dads sperm isn't very viable so they mix with donor sperm to up the chances. I strongly doubt a balding middle aged doctor is the donor of choice by the parents.

My sister donated eggs. The application process was intensive. Her resume, height, weight, hair/eye/skin color, grades, IQ, health history, family history. The families absolutely got to choose which donors they wanted.