First American Thanksgiving

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

First American Thanksgiving

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:33 am

The first American Thanksgiving occurred at Plymouth Plantation between Sept. 21 and Nov. 11, 1621, with the most likely time being around Michaelmas (Sept. 29). Michaelmas would be familiar to the business people in the LDS Corporation as the start of one of the four quarter days on the financial calendar.

The feast was cooked by the four adult Pilgrim women who survived their first winter in the New World (Eleanor Billington, Elizabeth Hopkins, Mary Brewster, and Susanna White), along with young daughters and male and female servants. There were 90 Native Americans and 53 Pilgrims in attendance.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mackman

Re: First American Thanksgiving

Post by Mackman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:01 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Nomies !!!!!!!!!!!!

græy

Post by græy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:18 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:43 am

Thanks Moksha!

Confession: I can't stop imagining a tender timer in your plump, juicy avatar.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:43 am
Thanks Moksha!

Confession: I can't stop imagining a tender timer in your plump, juicy avatar.
It would give me a clue to when I am no longer half-baked.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Newme

Post by Newme » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:29 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:33 am
The first American Thanksgiving occurred at Plymouth Plantation between Sept. 21 and Nov. 11, 1621, with the most likely time being around Michaelmas (Sept. 29). Michaelmas would be familiar to the business people in the LDS Corporation as the start of one of the four quarter days on the financial calendar.

The feast was cooked by the four adult Pilgrim women who survived their first winter in the New World (Eleanor Billington, Elizabeth Hopkins, Mary Brewster, and Susanna White), along with young daughters and male and female servants. There were 90 Native Americans and 53 Pilgrims in attendance.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Interesting and thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
On my way to CA, I heard some discussion about Native Americans in association with Thanksgiving and thought that maybe next year, I’ll make Navajo Tacos... it’s a little closer than turkey, I think. ;)

Today, during dessert, we (mostly non-TBMs) had a really good discussion - it was nice.