Thoughts on Mozart and Joseph Smith

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Newme

Re: Thoughts on Mozart and Joseph Smith

Post by Newme » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:43 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:39 pm
Newme wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:46 pm
Sir Issac Newton (1642-1727) wrote, “Henceforward the Christian Churches having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof...”
Pretty sure this Newton fellow wrote, “What goes up must come down, spinning wheel got to go round.”
Lots of people have said similar, so it could’ve been one of these... ;)

https://youtu.be/WcpsQhwtvwU
https://youtu.be/Igwi7HeIPFM

Sure, Newton lived before them, but... (you fill in the blank) :)

Newme

Post by Newme » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:52 pm

Palerider wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:19 pm
Newme wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:46 pm

Here’s another one, Palerider (btw are you really pale or carry one as u ride? Never mind me...)
Does this sound familiar? Sir Issac Newton (1642-1727) wrote, “Henceforward the Christian Churches having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof...”
Sorry, I hadn't checked on this in a few days...

Hey that Newton find is great! I'll have to remember that.

I used to use the Clint Eastwood photo from the movie Pale Rider as my avatar. But then I thought an actual photo of my grey (pale) horse might be more appropriate. You do know that all this comes from the scripture in Revelation which speaks of a Pale horse and his rider that inflicts death or vengeance upon the people of the earth, right? (That's really not my intention)

Hey wait! You're just pushing my leg here aren't you... :idea:

We'll, I don't do as well in the sun as when I was a kid, so I do wear a hat most of the summer. But I'm not really pale. And I've never carried a pail while riding but I probably sat on one a time or two. Does that qualify as riding? :P

Edited: for spelling :roll:
:) Sure, both qualify. You are dual Pale Rider.

I didn’t realize you’re in your avatar ‘till now. Nice! I would have loved to have horse riding lessons - to learn how to saddle a horse right etc. We had a neighbor who’d let us ride their horse anytime - but just bareback. And we’ve had horses - my dad loves them but had to give it up after getting hurt and older. The power when they really run is awesome - though a bit terrifying because I have no idea what I’m doing. They are beautiful creatures.

Where do you like to ride?

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:34 pm

Newme wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:52 pm

I didn’t realize you’re in your avatar ‘till now. Nice! I would have loved to have horse riding lessons - to learn how to saddle a horse right etc. We had a neighbor who’d let us ride their horse anytime - but just bareback. And we’ve had horses - my dad loves them but had to give it up after getting hurt and older. The power when they really run is awesome - though a bit terrifying because I have no idea what I’m doing. They are beautiful creatures.

I mostly do trail riding. I do have some neighbor's that used to need help moving cows but at their age they're getting out of the ranching business since none of their children were interested in following the family tradition.

If you're interested in more specifics just p.m. me and we'll talk. :)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Newme

Post by Newme » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:33 pm

Palerider wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:34 pm
Newme wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:52 pm

I mostly do trail riding. I do have some neighbor's that used to need help moving cows but at their age they're getting out of the ranching business since none of their children were interested in following the family tradition.

If you're interested in more specifics just p.m. me and we'll talk. :)
Thanks. Trail riding sounds fun.