God is an 8 year old girl

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Jeffret

Re: God is an 8 year old girl

Post by Jeffret » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:58 pm

iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:36 pm
Jeffret wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:56 pm
iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:53 pm
We all know what your god is.
I'm curious. What is it?
Ever heard of jean martin charcot?
He was a clinician studing boughts of female histaria in paris. These epelectic seizures were typified by wierd sexual gyrations and secxual noises in the predominantly female victims.
The fits of epilopsy went on for years with no end or cure or cause in site.
Eventually Jean Martin the primary physician interested in the phenominon retired and the fits disappeared.
That might have been interesting if it were at all relevant. As it was totally unrelated it was also totally useless.
iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:36 pm
I understand the imputus to believe people. But the truth is people are liars. You shouldnt trust them. Thats a lesson you learn when you deal with narcissists, sociopath, or other mental deviants. They don't have the same value system normal people have, and they are toxic. They will, suck you dry until you cannot give them their narcissitic supply.
I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt at times, but you're laid it out very clearly here.
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

iwanttotalk

Post by iwanttotalk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:03 pm

Jeffret wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:14 pm
iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:44 am
Well ive been thinking, after years of being lectured about morality by my mother, that the mormon god is now an 8 year old girl.
It seems to me the highest perfect being in mormonism is this archetypal 8 year old girl.
iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:26 pm
I pontificate not only on gods historical account, but his present incarnation. Which is to me an 8 year old girl
iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:49 pm
That society declares god to be anthropomorphized or archetyped as an 8 year old girl.
It was a joke and im glad you picked up on that, about the absurdity of the constraints we place on deity.
Not a lot of consistency. First the Mormon god is an 8 yo girl. Then it's your personal god. Then it's society that declares it. First it's a claim. Then it's probative. Later it's a joke. And rhetorical.

Makes it awfully difficult to follow any meaningful discussion.
Its okay. I didnt meant for it to be opaque and certainly didnt intend to be obtuse or deliberatly obfuscating.

Somewhere you missed the thread. I am all for all diversity. Including cognitive diversity. We cant have meaningful conversations without divergence.

The point you seem to overlook is that our view of god is not fixed or objective and that modernity treats the perfect being as a 60’s disney character archtype or the perfect child.

Ignorant but optomistic. Blind to fault. Converting hatred with love. Etc. of course you can imbue anyone with sainthood in literature or film which makes it farcical in the same vein as don quixote and the men of la mancha because he was the perfect ideal of chivalry a contradiction and absurdism in form thought and action.

I didnt mean to be insulting if you find societiy to be enlightened in their ideals by mocking them as juvenile and benighted.

Anyway please join in. I implore you. Delight us with your astutism and truisms. Let all rejoice together in delight at our shared confederacy. We the enlightened few who have pierced all dark veils and see absolute truth for what it is. Do not hide that peircing thought! But share it!

iwanttotalk

Post by iwanttotalk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:13 pm

[quote=Jeffret post_id=67720 time=1578005920 user_id=3527]
[quote=iwanttotalk post_id=67719 time=1578004614 user_id=8434]
[quote=Jeffret post_id=67717 time=1578002207 user_id=3527]

I'm curious. What is it?
[/quote]
Ever heard of jean martin charcot?
He was a clinician studing boughts of female histaria in paris. These epelectic seizures were typified by wierd sexual gyrations and secxual noises in the predominantly female victims.
The fits of epilopsy went on for years with no end or cure or cause in site.
Eventually Jean Martin the primary physician interested in the phenominon retired and the fits disappeared.
[/quote]
That might have been interesting if it were at all relevant. As it was totally unrelated it was also totally useless.
[quote=iwanttotalk post_id=67719 time=1578004614 user_id=8434]
I understand the imputus to believe people. But the truth is people are liars. You shouldnt trust them. Thats a lesson you learn when you deal with narcissists, sociopath, or other mental deviants. They don't have the same value system normal people have, and they are toxic. They will, suck you dry until you cannot give them their narcissitic supply.
[/quote]
I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt at times, but you're laid it out very clearly here.
[/quote]

I see your your effrontery and facade drops at even the hint youve been discovered. Not as dumb as your pretense would have all believe. An aphorism to all wise indeed though unwitting as it were. Your disguise carries no weight here. Indeed you are laid plain dear friend. Mock on. Mock on.

CaptainSalty
Site Admin

Post by CaptainSalty » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:18 pm

iwanttotalk, you appear to be trolling everyone here with your rambling posts and personal attacks. You have failed to demonstrate any real value in posting here at NOM.

I’m afraid we have to let you go.

I suggest you go over to the Mormon Dialogue and Discussion board and see if it will fit your style better.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:40 pm

I'm with iwanttotalk, at least if we're talking about Old Testament God. But a really mean little girl who takes offense easily and lashes out without considering the consequences.

“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:01 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:40 pm
I'm with iwanttotalk, at least if we're talking about Old Testament God. But a really mean little girl who takes offense easily and lashes out without considering the consequences.
So... like the church, then.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:19 am

Reuben wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:01 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Yeah... so they really are taking orders from God?

It really kinda makes sense that Elohim is one of those enthroned toddlers that Joseph Smith talked about. Question: can you get the priesthood before the age of 12 if you're dead?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:49 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:19 am
Reuben wrote:
Hagoth wrote:

It really kinda makes sense that Elohim is one of those enthroned toddlers that Joseph Smith talked about. Question: can you get the priesthood before the age of 12 if you're dead?
Hagoth, you can get the priesthood before the age of 12 when you are alive!

Perhaps you forgot that the new policy allows for boys to get the priesthood in January of the year they turn 12. My nephew turned 11 on December 30th which means he will be getting the priesthood this Sunday at age 11 and
6 days! He’s nearly a whole head shorter than the deacons and his parents worry he will be teased. I reminded them that the rest of the 11 year olds turning 12 will be joining him so he won’t be alone.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:49 am
Hagoth wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:19 am
Reuben wrote:

Hagoth, you can get the priesthood before the age of 12 when you are alive!
Oh yeah. I'm just wondering how and where those enthroned toddlers get their priesthood. If they are gods I assume they have it. They also have lots and lots of wives, who I assume are fully-grown women. Creepy.

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:47 pm

iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:44 am
You know how sometimes in class they talk about “idols” and how we put money before god, or sports on sundays, or whatever it may be. And these proxies “become your god”

Well ive been thinking, after years of being lectured about morality by my mother, that the mormon god is now an 8 year old girl.

Pollyanna, Heidi, Shirley temple in the little princess.

It seems to me the highest perfect being in mormonism is this archetypal 8 year old girl. That is what they want you to aspire to be. Always optimistic. Always pleasant. And in the end everything works out.
While I definitely don't see the Mormon deity this way myself, I personally do see concepts of the divine expressed through the model of young girls and young women. They are very rarely valued by society for etsy they have to offer. They tend to be thoughtful, empathetic, kind to animals, eager to learn, creative, environmentally conscious, passionate, drive language development, etc. Etc.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:33 am

Hagoth wrote:
Saw this and immediately thought of one of the game add-ons for Fallout 4.

:!: I wanted to stick up for Alas. Stop picking on her!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:50 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:33 am
?

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:20 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:50 am
moksha wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:33 am
?
Sorry, I should have made clear that this remark was to Iwantotalk, not you Hagoth. You are always uniformly courteous and respectful.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:08 am

After re-reading Alas' description of God as a curmudgeonly, bigoted old man I wondered, just for a moment, if the great Elohim had recently clothed himself in human form and we knew him not (but his initials were BKP).

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:41 am

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:08 am
After re-reading Alas' description of God as a curmudgeonly, bigoted old man I wondered, just for a moment, if the great Elohim had recently clothed himself in human form and we knew him not (but his initials were BKP).
LOL! Oh BKP!! You never even knew about the 100 Billion $$$. :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

alas

Post by alas » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:20 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:08 am
You are going to give me nightmares.