Whistle Blower Files IRS Complaint

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Re: Whistle Blower Files IRS Complaint

Post by moksha » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 pm

Suppose they will drag out that soup guy to announce, "NO FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY FOR YOU!!!"
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:28 pm

So this sandal even made it into an astrology podcast

Start listening at 3:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhe0HEiX0j4&t=379s

:lol: :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:17 am

I believe Kolob is in the 2nd house with Yuggoth rising.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 am

While not violating tax laws, the following report came out:

https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news/re ... donations/

Woman claims that the church have fast offering support to her husband while they were going through a divorce to the tune of $18,000 for mortgage and car payments. This is while the husband was making $300,000/year as a physician.

Leadership roulette at its finest.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Linked

Post by Linked » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Emower wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:53 pm
Linked wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:45 pm
And it is gross how the church only performs masturbatory charitable acts. The only group they are really helping is themselves.
Maybe its just me and my cynical mind, but I think most (not all) charitable acts are masturbatory in some form or another. Do people give because it makes them feel good? Because it fits with what they view of their personality? Because they want to honor some dead person? Because it helps their tribe? Dont get me wrong, I appreciate charity but if you negatively view charitable acts that seem to help the person doing it you will be ruling out a large bit of charity that happens.
I was thinking about this today. My previous response may have overthought it a bit. Service is masturbatory if it is for the benefit of the giver of service and them alone. If others are helped then it is not masturbatory, cause it's sex. And just because another person is involved doesn't make it non-masturbatory.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:05 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 am
While not violating tax laws, the following report came out:

https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news/re ... donations/

Woman claims that the church have fast offering support to her husband while they were going through a divorce to the tune of $18,000 for mortgage and car payments. This is while the husband was making $300,000/year as a physician.

Leadership roulette at its finest.
I know this woman and what has happened to her is absolutely terrible.