Bizarre, Paranoid Fantasies

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
slavereeno

Re: Bizarre, Paranoid Fantasies

Post by slavereeno » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Linked wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:59 pm
Hey Slavereeno, sorry if my post made you feel gaslit because I called your reality a bizarre, paranoid fantasy. I didn't mean to do that; in my head I covered the idea that in our situation those fantasies are not far from reality. Like when my dad told me I must have something weighing on me to have had a dream about my mom chasing me down a hall, beating down a door, and screaming at me for changing beliefs.

It would just be nice to be able to let the paranoia go, even though those events are quite likely to happen. It would be nice to be able to stop caring and move on.

Hang in there through all this, and hopefully there is a happy journey for all of us.
I appreciated your post immensely. One of the best things about this place and other post-mormon blogs, podcasts etc. is the opportunity to reflect and be challenged. I need to inspect what I have allowed my ego to dwell on. I think for me this illustrates that I am not yet past the emotional trauma of this thing. It takes much, much more time than I supposed when the shelf first came down. I am still not even out to DWs side of the family or to most of our friends and ward, so there is still trauma ahead.

Red Ryder

Re: Bizarre, Paranoid Fantasies

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:04 pm

slavereeno wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:50 pm
Linked wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:59 pm
Hey Slavereeno, sorry if my post made you feel gaslit because I called your reality a bizarre, paranoid fantasy. I didn't mean to do that; in my head I covered the idea that in our situation those fantasies are not far from reality. Like when my dad told me I must have something weighing on me to have had a dream about my mom chasing me down a hall, beating down a door, and screaming at me for changing beliefs.

It would just be nice to be able to let the paranoia go, even though those events are quite likely to happen. It would be nice to be able to stop caring and move on.

Hang in there through all this, and hopefully there is a happy journey for all of us.
I appreciated your post immensely. One of the best things about this place and other post-mormon blogs, podcasts etc. is the opportunity to reflect and be challenged. I need to inspect what I have allowed my ego to dwell on. I think for me this illustrates that I am not yet past the emotional trauma of this thing. It takes much, much more time than I supposed when the shelf first came down. I am still not even out to DWs side of the family or to most of our friends and ward, so there is still trauma ahead.
Generally speaking most exmo’s have said it takes a month for every year you were in.

Then there’s people like me who get addicted to the reading about the exit process, rehashing the same conversations online, while wondering why they can’t move past Mormonism.

My advice is to tell everyone you’re no longer Mormon until they bring polygamy back, and to try and recruit 1995 Pamela Anderson to join your frontier sex cult.

What? This is a thread about bizarre fantasies isn’t it? :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg