Custom Utah Condoms Get Shutdown

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
RubinHighlander

Custom Utah Condoms Get Shutdown

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:21 am

First the license plates get rejected, now the condoms. So much for freedom of speech in this state!

https://kutv.com/news/local/govs-office ... v-campaign
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

DPRoberts

Re: Custom Utah Condoms Get Shutdown

Post by DPRoberts » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I find this hilarious. The intersection of COJCOLDism and Utah politics can be quite amusing. I would have thought sombody in the department of health would have had a clue about how uber-mormons like the guvypoo would TOTALLY FREAK over anything sexual. I can only imagine the firestorm that happened (and probably a few State workers trying not to laugh their heads off).

What is unfortunate is that the messages were quite clever and well targeted to the audience they were trying to reach in order to improve public health. I doubt that the (probably lame) replacement packaging will have the same impact per tax dollar spent.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

Redcrown27

Re: Custom Utah Condoms Get Shutdown

Post by Redcrown27 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:28 am

I listened to the Mormon Stories episode on this.

The Governor of Utah put a cease and dissed order on the distribution of these Condoms. People have lost jobs over this order.

There was a misunderstanding on how the project was funded in the first place.

I feel like there are more important things for the local governments to worry about. It should not matter if the condoms may cause a very conservative person blush.

The entire purpose of those condoms so that they would be used to help prevent the further spread of HIV.

These condoms would also cut down on other issues that could occur with unprotected sex.

The department of Health will still gladly supply people with condoms if they need them. They just won't have the fun little messages on them that would cause a stronger desire to have them and use them.

I think my biggest issue is that people have lost jobs over this. Any politician that causes job loss should be ashamed of themselves.