Airing the Restored Laundry List

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Linked

Re: Airing the Restored Laundry List

Post by Linked » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:25 pm

græy wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:10 am
Linked wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:25 pm
Græy, how did your talk go on Sunday? Did you use the list?

I saw this on reddit and thought it would make a good quote for a talk.
Hey Linked! It went pretty well I think. Very good call! I did in fact use that exact quote and one other from that same talk. I believe that to be one of Holland's best talks in a very long time.

How did your talk go?
I'm glad to hear the talk went well! That's crazy you used that quote, what a coincidence.

My talk is scheduled for a couple Sundays from now. I keep waffling about whether I should do it or not, so I will probably just do it because I can't make a decision. I am considering using the same quote as part of mine.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Linked wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:25 pm
græy wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:10 am
Linked wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:25 pm
Græy, how did your talk go on Sunday? Did you use the list?

I saw this on reddit and thought it would make a good quote for a talk.
Hey Linked! It went pretty well I think. Very good call! I did in fact use that exact quote and one other from that same talk. I believe that to be one of Holland's best talks in a very long time.

How did your talk go?
I'm glad to hear the talk went well! That's crazy you used that quote, what a coincidence.

My talk is scheduled for a couple Sundays from now. I keep waffling about whether I should do it or not, so I will probably just do it because I can't make a decision. I am considering using the same quote as part of mine.
Why not give Greay’s talk? Maybe he could PM you the talk and you could use that one. It would save you talk preparation time.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Linked

Post by Linked » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:32 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:30 pm
Why not give Greay’s talk? Maybe he could PM you the talk and you could use that one. It would save you talk preparation time.
That's a fantastic idea. Can we have a new board for nuanced talks? We could call it "NOM Talks", and anyone who is asked to speak can pick from them.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

græy

Post by græy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:34 pm

I'm in, I could post mine tomorrow if people are really interested.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack