Terrible App Idea for LDS Wards

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Corsair

Terrible App Idea for LDS Wards

Post by Corsair » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:56 pm

Based on some strange tender mercies, I am a ward family history consultant. It's primarily because my wife loves family history, but this does allow me to not be a Primary teacher, building cleaning coordinator, or ward mission leader. We are meeting with the Young Women tonight and the evening started out by everyone pulling out their phones and using the "Family Tree" app and using the "Relatives Near Me" feature. If your records are in Family Search, it will show how you are related to other people near you.

I noticed that this is technically and anti-dating app. It's the opposite of Tindr because it unintentionally shows people you should not be dating near you. This would have some practical benefit in singles ward.

But the bad idea I have is to write a new app that combines data from Family Tree and cross references it with Tindr, Grindr, Adult Friend Finder, Plenty Of Fish, and every other unholy or impure data app available. It would let users avoid the risk of dating your cousin. And it would be a new way to share your testimony of family history.

I'll call it "Family Tinderizer" and it will help all you Telestial people avoid rubbing your naughty bits with cousins. This will definitely avoid a host of awkward situations and redneck jokes.

2bizE

Re: Terrible App Idea for LDS Wards

Post by 2bizE » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:17 pm

Seems like a logical and practical application.
~2bizE

Wonderment

Re: Terrible App Idea for LDS Wards

Post by Wonderment » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:38 pm

But the bad idea I have is to write a new app that combines data from Family Tree and cross references it with Tindr, Grindr, Adult Friend Finder, Plenty Of Fish, and every other unholy or impure data app available. It would let users avoid the risk of dating your cousin. And it would be a new way to share your testimony of family history.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great idea ! Also, think of the possibilities for proselytizing. Church members can use the app to create "matches' on Tindr., Grindr., etc.; and when arranging a hook-up with the match, they can bring along a BOM and a calendar planner in order to schedule a visit from the missionaries. I think this is an excellent way to attract investigators. :lol: - Wndr.