What’s your work situation?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Re: What’s your work situation?

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:14 pm

I wonder if this will fundamentally change the world for the better or for the worse?

Like maybe focus more on health and welfare issues vs corporate stock buybacks and trade wars?

Bring back humanity and let’s all be better humans for the benefit of the human race, the planet, and TP inventory!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:20 pm

I suppose it makes sense that Arizona would be more concerned about toilet paper than those les bon temps rouler folks of Louisiana. Hard-earned conservative constipation and all that.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:00 pm

My wife and kids are in the middle of a 2 week shutdown. DW's is paid which is nice.

My work is currently open. The problem with manufacturing is you gotta physically build stuff if you want to get paid. The upside is that our industry is considered life critical, but out biggest client is still looking to shut down after next week. If they do, we do. So work is up in the air. No one seams to know what the plan is for paying everyone. Paid? Unemployment? Don't have the plan yet.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:31 am

I did a little toilet paper math. We have a 30-roll pack and a few rolls stuffed in each bathroom, which is pretty typical in non-freakout-times. 221 squares per roll. There are two of us and we have bidets. A very conservative estimate puts us at a year's supply. We could easily double or even triple that if necessary.

There must be people with decades of toilet paper stacked up in their basements.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:11 am

TP is starting to become available if you get there first thing in the morning.

My investments have taken a hit.

Work is asking me to start accounting for at home hours. Which is fine. My kids are starting to get bored and a bit cranky.