Is the church saying or doing anything???

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Re: Is the church saying or doing anything???

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 am

jfro18 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:43 am
Nelson doesn't believe in evolution - he is a medical professional that said "dogs have always been dogs."

The dude is a fanatic that has no ability to see beyond his own closed off worldview, so what do we expect?

He didn't see this coming and anything he says now will be meaningless platitudes designed to keep members believing that he's in control of something.

Nelson is a pompous ass who goes on world tours to seek adoration while telling the poor to pay tithing if they want to end the poverty cycle.

He's the guy who spent more time, money, and energy getting the church to stop using the word "Mormon" than warning anyone of an impending pandemic.

Nelson is as clueless as everyone else and he's Mr. Burns sitting up there trying to figure out how to keep everyone in line while not peaking behind the curtain, and he knows damned well he can't say anything that has actual value and that every move the church has made so far to close buildings, temples, etc has been WEEKS behind most corporations and governments.

He's exposed for the complete fraud that he is to everyone that is willing to look at it objectively, so everything he says will be designed to keep the believers from measuring him in the same way.
Once you lower your prophet expectations all this becomes transparent.

Then it becomes annoying.

This conference will be an ass kissing doozy!

Who’s going to keep count?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Sheamus Moore

Post by Sheamus Moore » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:06 am

C'mon, how 'bout the international day of Fasting and Mighty Prayer? He's even laid out the specifics.

Course, there's the missionary plug in #3 and awesome conference plug in #5.

(Image from FB feed)
Day of Fast - FB.jpg
Day of Fasting and Mighty Prayer
Day of Fast - FB.jpg (138.11 KiB) Viewed 7193 times

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:53 am

Sheamus Moore wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:06 am
C'mon, how 'bout the international day of Fasting and Mighty Prayer? He's even laid out the specifics.

(Image from FB feed)

Day of Fast - FB.jpg
Translation
1. Good leadership, hopefully guided by science, is the only thing that will really make a difference, so pray for it.
2. Since we have to isolate those with the disease, praying at least gives the illusion of doing something.
3. This is a great marketing opportunity for the sick god of TCOJCOLDS.
4. Mental health professionals are social distancing too, so find another option. Singing on the porch for the neighbors?
5. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS THE TALK ON TITHING!!!!!
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:58 am

It was fast sunday anyway, right?

What a great way to make it seem all the more important.

These things just strip away any belief that this church has any divinity to it, and it certainly takes away any belief that they are here to serve people. Instead of opening the investment fund they are just working 24/7 to keep people more and more entwined to them.

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:03 pm

But really, is their response at all proportionate to their resources? And even if you forget the 100 billion, they have

A crapload of idle buildings that could be put to use
The ability to mobilize a bunch of volunteers, subject to proper social distancing measures
The ability in the morcor to influence civic leaders to do the right things
A storehouse full of useful commodities
Influence over several wealthy people they could get to donate to the effort
The ability to unite a large portion of morcor communities

As always, the prophets appear to lack any real inspiration.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:31 pm

Sheamus Moore wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:06 am

(Image from FB feed)

Day of Fast - FB.jpg
I big, giant boatload of "Thoughts and prayers." (Tots and Pears?)

But no help is available until March 29th.

And no "prophetic guidance" until April 4th and 5th.

Shouldn't Elohim have told Rusty via the Magick Pen to queue up all this "Mightiness" back in December of 2019?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:35 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:53 pm
The least Rusty or his cronies could do is come out with some sort of statement telling their followers to listen to the scientists, doctors, and governmental leaders who are trying to keep people from getting themselves killed by an invisible enemy.
And recognize that there are authorities who actually have some answers?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:44 pm

My stake presidency just sent out the "pay more fast offerings" email. I suspect that is the message coming down to stake presidents from above.

I would suggest one more thing to pray for on the special day of prayer and fasting: "Please soften the hearts of our leaders and pry their fingers off the purse strings so they will use thy sacred funds to help thy people, instead demanding more money from thy people to protect the sacred funds."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:10 am

Tell you what, President Nelson. I will participate in your little fast if you will leave your comfortable home and go out and heal coronavirus victims the way your colleagues in the scriptures were healing people all the time. If you can't be like the prophets in the scriptures, then I don't see any compelling reason to listen to you.

P.S. What kind of a God only heals people if we skip two meals? "Sorry all you sick people out there, but there weren't enough people starving themselves on your behalf, I'm gonna have to withhold my healing powers and make you all die gasping for air". I don't want any part of worship of a God who would act like that.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:39 pm

Anyone want to attend my divorce party? (don’t worry I’ll give you a time slot, just 5 guests max at once.)

So I have been seeing in NY the awful conditions the health workers are in; wearing trash bags for protective gowns, not enough med supplies etc. And I saw that nurse who died at age 48 there, he looked pretty healthy in the pic. And after reading this thread and seeing those images, the nurses in Hefty bags and nurse who died due to asthma and no protective gear, they just made me SO.ANGRY. at Mormon Inc. Like I’ve never been before. And my son who no longer believes was txtng me today about 4th year med students being called to work in ERs. And I sent this back to him:
wow, but I think those students will be needed. I hope they’re using med students in NY too. I can’t believe it’s so bad there and the conditions the health workers are facing w/ supply shortages. I have to say, I cannot express in words how angry I am with the church right now. Hundreds of billions of dolllars of assets in real estate and stocks and they are doing NOTHING. But when they were caught w/ all this, and claiming to be a charity, they said they were saving for a “rainy day.” HELLO IT IS HERE. They could send $ to drug makers to make more tests, they could get masks and gowns and gloves to nurses, or have them made. They could get food to needy communities. Kids & I volunteered at my school yest, they were giving out food boxes to students’ families. We ran out of food in 1 hour. So many people are hurting rn. I hate the entire 1st pres. They are truly corrupt, bad, just awful humans.
And then a few min later my son responded, and I realized my believing husband was in the messages too.

Anyway, yup. But you know what? I didn’t msg my husband and apologize (he’s still working). I’m right, so I don’t need to say anything. It’s true. Russ and Dallin are truly horrible, pathetic, sorry excuses for human beings. (I’m kind of indifferent toward Eyring.) And I just want to scream in their faces that if Jesus were to really come back now, He probably wouldn’t acknowledge them. And if he did he would quote them the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, and tell them they were going to Hell.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:29 pm

StarbucksMom wrote:Anyone want to attend my divorce party? (don’t worry I’ll give you a time slot, just 5 guests max at once.)

So I have been seeing in NY the awful conditions the health workers are in; wearing trash bags for protective gowns, not enough med supplies etc. And I saw that nurse who died at age 48 there, he looked pretty healthy in the pic. And after reading this thread and seeing those images, the nurses in Hefty bags and nurse who died due to asthma and no protective gear, they just made me SO.ANGRY. at Mormon Inc. Like I’ve never been before. And my son who no longer believes was txtng me today about 4th year med students being called to work in ERs. And I sent this back to him:
wow, but I think those students will be needed. I hope they’re using med students in NY too. I can’t believe it’s so bad there and the conditions the health workers are facing w/ supply shortages. I have to say, I cannot express in words how angry I am with the church right now. Hundreds of billions of dolllars of assets in real estate and stocks and they are doing NOTHING. But when they were caught w/ all this, and claiming to be a charity, they said they were saving for a “rainy day.” HELLO IT IS HERE. They could send $ to drug makers to make more tests, they could get masks and gowns and gloves to nurses, or have them made. They could get food to needy communities. Kids & I volunteered at my school yest, they were giving out food boxes to students’ families. We ran out of food in 1 hour. So many people are hurting rn. I hate the entire 1st pres. They are truly corrupt, bad, just awful humans.
And then a few min later my son responded, and I realized my believing husband was in the messages too.

Anyway, yup. But you know what? I didn’t msg my husband and apologize (he’s still working). I’m right, so I don’t need to say anything. It’s true. Russ and Dallin are truly horrible, pathetic, sorry excuses for human beings. (I’m kind of indifferent toward Eyring.) And I just want to scream in their faces that if Jesus were to really come back now, He probably wouldn’t acknowledge them. And if he did he would quote them the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, and tell them they were going to Hell.
It will be ok. You got the hard part out of the way in your relationship now.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:40 am

StarbucksMom wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:39 pm
It’s true. Russ and Dallin are truly horrible, pathetic, sorry excuses for human beings. (I’m kind of indifferent toward Eyring.) And I just want to scream in their faces that if Jesus were to really come back now, He probably wouldn’t acknowledge them. And if he did he would quote them the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, and tell them they were going to Hell.
Preach Starbucksmom!!! ^^^This is more prophetic than anything any of them have ever said in their entire lives!!!

Also I don't think your husband will divorce you. You are too awesome!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:34 am

StarbucksMom wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:39 pm
Anyone want to attend my divorce party? (don’t worry I’ll give you a time slot, just 5 guests max at once.)
Have your party on Zoom, I'll attend! But I hope this does not cause you further strife and stress in your family. Might even be a catalyst to healing and your DH figuring this out.

When I read this thread I was feeling exactly the same way about MorCorp! So angry at those rich old bigots, sitting on their huge pile of cash, doing nothing real about any of the real human issues but telling people to pray and worship them. The greatest revelation to the world right now should be how pitiful and harmful religions like this are, sucking resources off the backs of innocent people, stock piling the $$, using some of it to build malls and useless expensive ceremonial buildings, giving back only a small percentage to guilt those in need to be more active in their dogma. Curse the Smith family and all those that kept it going to our day! They are one of the worst cancers on our society.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:11 am

I'm thankful that the Church has called off its meetings. It would be nice if they also asked their members to self-quarantine and not be involved with all the doomsday prepper stuff that LDS people always get suckered into. Tell them to stock up on prayers and goodwill rather than ammo.

Noticed there was no call for fast offerings with that special day of fasting. That seems out of character for the Church.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:09 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:11 am
Noticed there was no call for fast offerings with that special day of fasting. That seems out of character for the Church.
I suspect we'll hear about a special giving opportunity in conference.

My stake is asking for extra fast offerings. I don't know whether that's a local idea or if it came down from above.

Sheamus Moore

Post by Sheamus Moore » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:17 pm

moksha wrote:
Our SP sent out bulk email soliciting a generous fast offering and, if possible, a donation to the humanitarian fund...

hmb

Post by hmb » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:08 am

Sheamus Moore wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:17 pm
moksha wrote:
Our SP sent out bulk email soliciting a generous fast offering and, if possible, a donation to the humanitarian fund...
...with the small print that they can do whatever they feel inspired to do, with the $$.