Germaphobe Cougherence

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Angel

Germaphobe Cougherence

Post by Angel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:57 am

Anyone here being forced to watch it with TBM fam? Those of us not watching would love to see your keep jumping off the cliff notes.

Any prophetic predictions? False hopes, broken promises?
Last edited by Angel on Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

MoPag

Re: Germaphobe Cougherence

Post by MoPag » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:02 am

I will be watching and running the NOMferencce threads. You'll hear about if for sure!!! :D
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Angel

Post by Angel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:04 am

MoPag wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:02 am
I will be watching and running the NOMferencce threads. You'll hear about if for sure!!! :D
let the manipulation games begin... ugh... thankful for anyone who can make us all laugh about it.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:06 am

Angel wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:57 am
Anyone here being forced to watch it with TBM fam? ...
There will be nothing "forced" going on in my abode, though the useless semi-hypnotic clone-like droning voice of and old guy who is a board-member of a giant real-estate corporation will likely be floating through the air at times.

The majority of folks in my home will be avoiding/ignoring the useless droning voices using headphones/earbuds and technology. Yard-work will likely call me away from the useless droning, along with, the "Stay-at-home"'exercise escape-clause.

And of course, I'll be spending way too much time reading cliff-notes of the convention online. I am incapable of completely looking away from the train-wreck.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:19 am

I wonder what fun word filters we can apply?

Any suggestions?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

græy

Post by græy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:25 pm

MoPag wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:02 am
I will be there with you MoPag. As far as I know I'm still on the hook to plan EQ lessons for the upcoming 6 months. I'll be on the lookout for the most NOMish talks possible, or any that can be combined with essays to hopefully inform (or maybe load) a few shelves.

Absolute best case scenario, I make my list and none of us go back to church before October. :D But I think I'm dreaming there.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:07 pm

The opening scene of beautiful colors of spring (really the whole temple square is a dirt pile due to construction)...the MoTab begins singing “Oh How Lovely was the morning...the scene changes to prerecorded scene of the sacred grove with pillars of light shining through the leaves...
At some point the scene will show a prerecorded message of RMN in a blue suit (may or may not have an apron on) walking through the sacred grove...he will pause walking and begin to tell us the miraculous story of Jesus Smith and his vision. He will refer only to the 1838 version.
After this spiritual discussion, the camera will bring us back to a room in the Joseph Smith memorial building with Mr. Oaks at the podium...
“The rules of love and marriage set forth by God are non-binary. They are exact. Marriage between same gender people is not the covenant path leading to eternal salvation....amen...Elder Rasband will now mansplain the importance of paying tithing”...
~2bizE

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:15 pm

2bizE wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:07 pm
Elder Rasband will now mansplain the importance of paying tithing”...
OMGs I just had a revelation....Elder Rasband is the "Kevin from The Office" of the Q15
Kevin%27s_Chilli.png
Kevin%27s_Chilli.png (164.23 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound