Donald Trump A Most Noble President

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Apologeticsislying

Donald Trump A Most Noble President

Post by Apologeticsislying » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:13 pm

The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-

Thoughtful

Re: Donald Trump A Most Noble President

Post by Thoughtful » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:46 am

Apologeticsislying wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:13 pm
Yep. But on the bright side, he gets a trump rally every day.

1smartdodog

Post by 1smartdodog » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:58 pm

Not marginally funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

PalmSprings

Post by PalmSprings » Thu May 07, 2020 10:30 pm

Whether you like him or not, you have to have amazingly strong staying power and thick skin to weather the media backlash and storm that he has endured. And again whether you agree with what he says or not, he handles those daily press conferences better than the media themselves.

Random

Post by Random » Wed May 20, 2020 2:26 pm

PalmSprings wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:30 pm
Whether you like him or not, you have to have amazingly strong staying power and thick skin to weather the media backlash and storm that he has endured. And again whether you agree with what he says or not, he handles those daily press conferences better than the media themselves.
Totally. I've never seen the press so freaked out by and so against any president in my life.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu May 21, 2020 1:44 am

Random wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:26 pm
Totally. I've never seen the press so freaked out by and so against any president in my life.
That applies not only to the press but the majority of the world. Trump is totally unpresidented, bigly!

Covfefe!!!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Spicy McHaggis

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Fri May 22, 2020 12:34 pm

trump is a petulant child. He is treated better by the media than he treats them. When asked for clarity about his "Obamagate" claim he stormed out of the press conference. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Bigly.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am

I would like to see how long a Democratic president would be tolerated by Democratic leaders if he told lies as frequently as Trump. For a party that claims to be the moral/Christian party they have an impressive degree of tolerance for dishonesty, bigotry, and sexual impropriety in their leaders.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun May 24, 2020 5:02 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am
I would like to see how long a Democratic president would be tolerated by Democratic leaders if he told lies as frequently as Trump.
While visiting Michigan this week, Trump retold the lie of how he was awarded the Michigan Man of the Year Award. How brazen of liar can you be to utter such a lie in a location where everyone knows it was not true. It would take a deranged con-man to say such stuff.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon May 25, 2020 8:32 am

moksha wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:02 am
Hagoth wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am
I would like to see how long a Democratic president would be tolerated by Democratic leaders if he told lies as frequently as Trump.
While visiting Michigan this week, Trump retold the lie of how he was awarded the Michigan Man of the Year Award. How brazen of liar can you be to utter such a lie in a location where everyone knows it was not true. It would take a deranged con-man to say such stuff.
I looked into this. Apparently he was invited to a Republican fund raising dinner and he was given a framed copy of the Gettysburg Address, which his special talent for mangling the truth transmuted into a Man of the Year award. The weird thing is that these kinds of lies go mostly unnoticed because they are so numerous that they become background noise among the genuinely dangerous lies that he vomits out on a daily basis.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Random

Post by Random » Wed May 27, 2020 7:16 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:44 am
Random wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:26 pm
That applies not only to the press but the majority of the world. Trump is totally unpresidented, bigly!

Covfefe!!!
Wow! :o
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:42 am

Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington, issued a response to the president's visit to the church, "The President just used a Bible and one of the churches of my diocese as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our church stands for. To do so, he sanctioned the use of tear gas by police officers in riot gear to clear the church yard. I am outraged."
ABC News - Tuesday, June 2, 2020
-- Moksha