Asking for a friend: What are the resources for women married to a TBM? Podcasts, friendships, groups, etc.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Tacenda

Asking for a friend: What are the resources for women married to a TBM? Podcasts, friendships, groups, etc.

Post by Tacenda » Fri May 22, 2020 8:03 am

C/P'd from someone that asked. I remember there being discussed on this board another board for people married to a TBM, or mixed faith marriages. Anyone here know of some places? Thanks in advance!

Corsair

Re: Asking for a friend: What are the resources for women married to a TBM? Podcasts, friendships, groups, etc.

Post by Corsair » Fri May 22, 2020 9:20 am

There is a Facebook group called "Another Testament of Marriage". It's for the faithful side of mixed-faith marriages. I tried to join it, but I was politely rejected as the apostate side of a mixed faith marriage. I did not want to be quite as duplicitous as I am with my temple recommend.

The "Uplift Community of Faith" on Facebook does deal with mixed faith marriages to some extent and it certainly is supportive of faith transitions that are still pointed towards the LDS church being true. They have recently started some small meet up groups and even a small conference.

Tacenda

Re: Asking for a friend: What are the resources for women married to a TBM? Podcasts, friendships, groups, etc.

Post by Tacenda » Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 pm

Thanks Corsair, this person is on the "apostate" side, thanks for your helpful suggestions!

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri May 22, 2020 9:56 pm

Look for the "Marriage on a Tightrope" podcast also.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat May 23, 2020 6:50 am

There is also this NOM forum: viewforum.php?f=3
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Sat May 23, 2020 4:29 pm

There are FB groups called "Marriage on a Tightrope" and "Mormon Mixed Faith Marriage". I am a mod for both. I don't do much but the groups are great.

græy

Post by græy » Tue May 26, 2020 7:26 am

MalcolmVillager wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:29 pm
There are FB groups called "Marriage on a Tightrope" and "Mormon Mixed Faith Marriage". I am a mod for both. I don't do much but the groups are great.
I'm a huge fan of Marriage on a Tightrope! I am a member of the facebook group, even though I don't really facebook. +1 vote for that group.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Newme

Post by Newme » Sun May 31, 2020 11:26 am

Tacenda wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:03 am
C/P'd from someone that asked. I remember there being discussed on this board another board for people married to a TBM, or mixed faith marriages. Anyone here know of some places? Thanks in advance!
My TBM sister has sent me a lot of dogma so when she sent me this podcast of an lds therapist, I was skeptical. But after listening, I thought it offered good advice for inter-faith marriages - especially dealing with Mormonism. Mutual respect is important as well as building on common ground.
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5 ... Edited.mp3

God bless us all - it’s not easy!