This just in: God has ceased to be God

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Hagoth

This just in: God has ceased to be God

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:33 am

Maybe that's why the ship appears to be rudderless.

Why are so many of the inhabitants of the earth cursed with a sin of blackness? It comes in consequence of their fathers rejecting the power of the Holy Priesthood, and the law of God. They will go down to death. And when all the rest of the children have received their blessings in the Holy Priesthood, then that curse will be removed from the seed of Cain, and they will then come up and possess the priesthood, and receive all the blessings which we now are entitled to. The volition of the creature is free; this is a law of their existence, and the Lord cannot violate his own law; were he to do that, he would cease to be God. He has placed life and death before his children, and it is for them to choose. If they choose life, they receive the blessings of life; if they chose death, they must abide the penalty. This is a law which has always existed from all eternity, and will continue to exist throughout all the eternities to come. (Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 7, pp. 290-291)
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

jfro18

Re: This just in: God has ceased to be God

Post by jfro18 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:45 am

btw i am stealing this line from you :lol:

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:02 am

Since 1978?

We may have to define this god as MORmON god.

Weird thought though: how many people of color have received their 2nd anointing? (Yes, I know that is a question that no-one will answer.)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

alas

Post by alas » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:25 am

I don’t know. If God really allowed someone like B Y to be a prophet, I think he would have ceased to be God at that point.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:13 am

Explains why the Good Ship Zion seem rudderless.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:32 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:13 am
Explains why the Good Ship Zion seem rudderless.
And in the midst of a Covid-19 outbreak.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren