Moksha's Eyes

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hagoth

Moksha's Eyes

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:05 am

How did the cataract surgery go, Moksha?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Reuben

Re: Moksha's Eyes

Post by Reuben » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:17 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:05 am
How did the cataract surgery go, Moksha?
It went wonderfully. Having vision restored in both eyes, I can now see into the past as well as the future. Did you know it's the anniversary of my birthday today? What a moist experience that was.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:26 pm

It was blurry at first. I think it took longer for my eyes to undialate than normal, but it is getting better. The one thing everyone who had cataract surgery notices is how much brighter everything looks. Good stuff. Ever since my right eye surgery last year, I have not used reading glasses while sitting in front of the computer screen. Hopefully, reading will be even easier now.

This writing is made possible by listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhxbShjpwEU
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:01 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:26 pm
It was blurry at first. I think it took longer for my eyes to undialate than normal, but it is getting better. The one thing everyone who had cataract surgery notices is how much brighter everything looks. Good stuff. Ever since my right eye surgery last year, I have not used reading glasses while sitting in front of the computer screen. Hopefully, reading will be even easier now.

This writing is made possible by listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhxbShjpwEU
Jokey impersonation aside... every surgery carries some risk, so it's good to hear that everything is going well. May you find more joy in your increased spatial resolution.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:56 am

You still know you’re a black and white penguin, right?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Random

Post by Random » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:40 pm

I'm glad it went well, Moksha.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:02 pm

Only one little hitch. Now Moksha sees dead people.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."