Zarahemla temple cornerstone??

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
dareka

Zarahemla temple cornerstone??

Post by dareka » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:29 am

Just heard from a TBM friend who attended testimony meeting yesterday that a guy in his ward said that there will be an announcement around Thursday this week that the cornerstone of the Zarahemla temple has been found. It was all I could do to keep from rolling my eyes. I googled it, but couldn't find anything about it, other than a page showing some pictures from a 2016 excavation that was looking for the Zarahemla temple, and apparently only found dirt. Go figure.

Have any of you heard this rumor? Any idea what's behind it?

jfro18

Re: Zarahemla temple cornerstone??

Post by jfro18 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 pm

There's a group meeting this week to do a new archaeological expedition to uncover Zarahemla

I believe the open house is in Nauvoo this week but it could've already happened.

Should be fun to see what they claim to uncover.

dareka

Post by dareka » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:25 pm

Thanks. That could be it, and it morphed in the telling to something more than it is.

I wonder if they'll only uncover a bunch more dirt this time. :)

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:38 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 pm
There's a group meeting this week to do a new archaeological expedition to uncover Zarahemla

I believe the open house is in Nauvoo this week but it could've already happened.

Should be fun to see what they claim to uncover.
Where do thy plan to dig?
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:49 pm

I already opened it and saw the contents with my spiritual eyes.

<spoilers>

Ah ah! Roadmaps!

</spoilers>
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:50 pm

oliblish wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:38 pm
Where do thy plan to dig?
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:12 pm

Is this Zarahemala "cornerstone" a time-capsule?

Did the Nephites use cement for their time-capsule, or some other (anachronistic?) version of preservation?

Will it be as disappointing as another recent time-capsule opening?

:?:
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:32 pm

Excuse my ignorance here but...

Which Zarahemla are we talking about?

The one in North America or the one in South Central/South America?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Phil Lurkerman

Post by Phil Lurkerman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:38 pm

Looks like the Heartland Research Group. They start Aug 03.

https://zarahemla.site/

“New secrets will be discovered as soon as we get the first round of funds together to pay for SENSYS to come to the fields and bluffs on the west side of the Mississippi across from Nauvoo. We will soon create digital maps of 10,000 acres of anciently habited land.”

And...

“ Donate $10 or significantly more to hasten the work and get these maps out sooner, before we have to wait for another 6 months to be able to scan the area.”
I was once a cafeteria Mormon on a hunger strike. Have since found a buffet elsewhere.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:49 pm

Phil Lurkerman wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:38 pm
“New secrets will be discovered as soon as we get the first round of funds together..."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:51 pm

Looks like this is a Wayne May project, so everyone lower your expectations to the lowest peg possible. He'll probably claim he found giant skeletons.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Phil Lurkerman

Post by Phil Lurkerman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:46 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:51 pm
Looks like this is a Wayne May project, so everyone lower your expectations to the lowest peg possible. He'll probably claim he found giant skeletons.
No doubt Zelph’s 12-foot tall descendants will emerge to whisper from the dust.
I was once a cafeteria Mormon on a hunger strike. Have since found a buffet elsewhere.

dareka

Post by dareka » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:20 am

Phil Lurkerman wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:38 pm
Looks like the Heartland Research Group. They start Aug 03.

https://zarahemla.site/

“New secrets will be discovered as soon as we get the first round of funds together to pay for SENSYS to come to the fields and bluffs on the west side of the Mississippi across from Nauvoo. We will soon create digital maps of 10,000 acres of anciently habited land.”

And...

“ Donate $10 or significantly more to hasten the work and get these maps out sooner, before we have to wait for another 6 months to be able to scan the area.”
Also...
"When we find Zarahemla we will have the key that will unlock the door to the physical truth of the Book of Mormon."

I think they'll be looking a LONG time for a key that doesn't exist.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:32 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:32 pm
Excuse my ignorance here but...

Which Zarahemla are we talking about?

The one in North America or the one in South Central/South America?
Okay when I first read this I though they meant the pioneer settlement in Iowa the early Saints named Zarahemla. https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/place ... -territory
Like okay, excavate an 1840s border settlement town. That might be kind of cool. BUUUTTT no. They mean BOM Zarahemla. :lol: :roll:
And if you check out the link Phil Lurkerman posted, they have actually RENAMED the Mississippi River, the river Sidon. Like in the BOM. :lol:
This is business class accommodation. The motel is located close to Nauvoo and the River Sidon crossing. There are conference rooms, a swimming pool, and a gym. Good restaurants are close by.
Damn, if we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, we could crash this little party NOM style. :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:48 am

I could drive there in like 3-4 hours... perhaps I should drive out and just constantly remind them all that they are wasting their time. :lol:

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:48 am

MoPag wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:32 am
This is business class accommodation. The motel is located close to Nauvoo and the River Sidon crossing. There are conference rooms, a swimming pool, and a gym. Good restaurants are close by.
Damn, if we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, we could crash this little party NOM style. :lol:
We would have to party down South; according to this guy, the River Sidon is in Mexico?

http://bookofmormonresources.blogspot. ... n.html?m=1

He even has maps!

I wish the church wouldn't remain neutral on where exactly the BOM took place. What if they spend all their time, money, and chutzpah digging on the wrong side of the fence?

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:10 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:48 am
MoPag wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:32 am
We would have to party down South; according to this guy, the River Sidon is in Mexico?

http://bookofmormonresources.blogspot. ... n.html?m=1

He even has maps!

I wish the church wouldn't remain neutral on where exactly the BOM took place. What if they spend all their time, money, and chutzpah digging on the wrong side of the fence?
:lol: :lol: WOW!!! That guy is really into BOM locations.

Maybe we can bribe some teenager to demand a BOM location from one of the Q15 during a face to face fireside.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:13 am

Ballard would just refer the poor teenager to the gospel topic essay.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released a statement today concerning the geography of the Book of Mormon in the form of a new Gospel Topics essay titled “Book of Mormon Geography.” The new essay begins with this declarative statement: The Church takes no position on the specific geographic location of Book of Mormon events in the ancient Americas.Church members are asked not to teach theories about Book of Mormon geography in Church settings but to focus instead on the Book of Mormon’s teachings and testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel.”
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... pTLzinSBmI

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:56 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:13 am
Ballard would just refer the poor teenager to the gospel topic essay.
Having just wrote about this, Ballard would be full of it and he knows it...

https://www.ldsdiscussions.com/geography

It's all so ridiculous when you compare what the church taught around Joseph's time vs what they have had to retreat to in 2020.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Too many of our children are leaving the faith. The sense of place and history are disappearing and new worries are replacing the iron rod that we all need. The pillar is shaking. For some, it is a matter of scorn and ridicule. Many make fun of the original accounts and, more dangerously, it is starting to have a serious impact on the believers. Add into the mix all the viral world events affected by politics, and it becomes almost impossible to FEEL LIKE there was a promised land that changed the course of history and will change it again as our faith increases.
And here we see the cogdis churning in some of the ranks. I feel sorry for those folks, really. It's painful to be teased with the lack of evidence to support all that crazy made up BS; all the exhausting mental gymnastics to keep your faith. It will drive some to keep digging in jungles, deserts and mounds all over world. My advice to them is to be careful how much you invest in time, money and emotion. The deeper you try to get, the further and more frustrated you will find yourself and it get's even more painful if and when you can admit you were wrong, that you were duped.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE