Biden for President

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
2bizE

Biden for President

Post by 2bizE » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:48 am

I’m thinking of putting a Biden for President sign in my yard. I like stirring the pot sometimes. I have only seen local government campaign signs around yet, nothing National. Not even Trump.
I’m not much into politics and am a registered Republican....just because....I live in Utah...
~2bizE

Hagoth

Re: Biden for President

Post by Hagoth » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:10 pm

After Mormons abandoned Evan McMullin in '16 because of rumors that he must be gay because he's not married, Utah had the highest per-capita support for Trump in the country. I just read a poll that says his popularity in Utah is even higher in 2020. It must be how his behavior reflects good ol' Mormon values and Christlike love for his fellow man. Go ahead and put out a sign but expect to find it riddled with bullet holes.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:27 pm

I'm writing in Hagoth and MoPag.

I guess I should make a sign too.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:44 am

I think Utah currently has the highest support for Trump of any State in the US. Trump leads Biden by 10% in Utah. I think this is because Trump's values and conservative LDS values are nearly identical: They both like to grab them by the you know what.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha