NOMference Scores

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

NOMference Scores

Post by MoPag » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:23 am

Interesting scores this time around.

Ballard has won NOMference. I really never thought I would ever say that, but here we are.

Craig took a very well deserved 2nd place.

Renlund actually beat Uchtdorf. Is there anything more 2020 than that?

Oaks got his first non negative score (from his women's session talk). It was a 0. But still, wow.

Ballard +210
Craig +125
Godoy +20
Eubank +15
Renlund +12
Uchtdorf +10
Holland +10
Franco +5
Jaggi +5
Gong +5
Johnson Microwave 0
Rusty (Sunday Afternoon) 0
Camarango 0
Lund 0
Wadell 0
Matthew Holland 0
Oaks (Ladies night) 0
Craven -5
Rusty Saturday Morning -5
Harkness -15
Eyring -15
Anderson -20
Stevenson -25
Whiting -35
Rasband -45
Christofferson -50
Jackson -50
Rusty (Ladies night) -50
Eyring (Ladies night) -140
Soares -268
David Pickles Bednar -297
Cook -1,375
Rusty (Sunday Morning) -2,220
Oaks -2,000,595

As always, thanks to everyone who participated either by playing or lurking or popping in for some much needed humor. We made it though another one!!!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

MoPag

Re: NOMference Scores

Post by MoPag » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:26 am

Oh Blazerb was wowing us with his uncanny prophecies during the Sunday Afternoon session.

So I am setting apart Balzerb as our prophet seer and NOMerator.

Congratulations!!!! :D
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

græy

Post by græy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:35 am

MoPag wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:23 am
Oaks got his first non negative score (from his women's session talk). It was a 0. But still, wow.
LOL. Progress!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:46 am

Did you count my mail in votes?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:24 pm

MoPag wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:26 am
Oh Blazerb was wowing us with his uncanny prophecies during the Sunday Afternoon session.

So I am setting apart Balzerb as our prophet seer and NOMerator.

Congratulations!!!! :D
I am honored! Thank you! :lol:

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:40 pm

I had to sit through a high council meeting, where everybody thought that Pres. Nelson's talk (the one that received -2200 votes here) was the most wonderful talk ever. I just put it on mute so I could engage in loud laughter and quell my evil speaking of the lord's anointed. Unbelievable. I have just realized I have absolutely zero in common with any of these people. The long game is turning into the way, way, way too long game for me.

Edit to add:

My 1000th post! When do I get my NOM coffee mug? Is it in the mail?
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

SincereInquirer

Post by SincereInquirer » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:04 am

Thank you all for the commentary and Mopag for continuing the tradition.

I am sure all scores would have been worse across the board had I logged in to more actively participate with my scoring instead of mostly lurking as I tried to ignore the drone of old white men for 10 hours.
Mormorrisey wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:40 pm
Edit to add:

If you ever make it out to my neck of the PNW, USA, I will buy you a coffee anytime.
"I don't need the Mormon church to be true, I just need it to not be verifiably false." - something I read somewhere...(help me give proper citation credit if you know where this came from)

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:51 am

I guess Gong wins the Covid award....
~2bizE

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:06 am

SincereInquirer wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:04 am
Mormorrisey wrote:
Edit to add:

If you ever make it out to my neck of the PNW, USA, I will buy you a coffee anytime.
That's very kind, and even better than a mug! I don't know if I'll ever make it again out of the Great White North, but if I do, I'll make sure I get to the PNW! I did a tour some years ago of the Portland/Seattle/Vancouver area, and it was just beautiful.
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:48 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:46 am
From what people are telling me mail-in votes are mostly fraudulent so they were thrown out.
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

græy

Post by græy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:24 am

Mormorrisey wrote:
I have just realized I have absolutely zero in common with any of these people. The long game is turning into the way, way, way too long game for me.
Facing the prospect of going back to church has me feelings the same. None of our "ward family" are my friends. I don't care to see any of them again. I don't want to go back and I don't want my calling anymore.
Mormorrisey wrote:
Yay, Mormorrisey!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:26 pm

I just want to point out that you're awesome MoPag.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 pm

oliblish wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:48 am
Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:46 am
From what people are telling me mail-in votes are mostly fraudulent so they were thrown out.
That explains why Rusty didn't get the million points I awarded him by mail just to mess with everyone.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:26 pm
I just want to point out that you're awesome MoPag.
Hear hear!
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

Wonderment

Post by Wonderment » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:33 pm

Thank you, MoPag ! All of your work is greatly appreciated. :) :) :) - Wndr.

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:49 am

Matthew Holland??? What the hell??? I guess I really have disconnected from the Church if I didn't know he was made a general authority last April. What, it wasn't enough that his daddy's connections got him a sweet gig as president of Utah Valley University when he had ZERO experience in higher education administration, his daddy's connections also got him a sweet gig as a GA too? Between that and President Eyring's son being made president of BYU-I and President Monson's "I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it." daughter who was Second Counselor in the Young Women General Presidency and Elder Packer's son being made a GA and President Hinckley's son being made a GA even though he "recused" himself when his son's name was put forward and all of the other blatant, brazen nepotism, it makes me sick to my stomach. A multi-billion dollar corporation has a hell of a lot of goodies to hand out, and the leaders make damn well sure their family members and friends get more than their fair share of them.

Well, the Church has always run on nepotism. J. Golden said it best: “Some people say a person receives a position in this church through revelation, and others say they get it through inspiration, but I say they get it through relation. If I hadn't been related to Heber C. Kimball I wouldn't have been a damn thing in this church.”

What a joke.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph