Is Big Tech the new Church?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
SaidNobody

Re: Is Big Tech the new Church?

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:48 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:01 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 pm
If you are conservative, you are not allowed to speak. If Facebook silences, it's legal.
Conservative speak does not have to consist of lies. Just because that is what currently appears in their public discussions does not mean it always has to be so forevermore.

I certainly do not want a den of thieves or a pack of liars on Facebook or Twitter. BTW, Trump has not brought America to a peak of greatness. If anything he has been a blotch.
I think you lie. Not because you want to, but because you seem to get your info from places that lie. So, um, even though you are admin here (I think) I don't believe what you are saying.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:40 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:48 pm
I think you lie. Not because you want to, but because you seem to get your info from places that lie. So, um, even though you are admin here (I think) I don't believe what you are saying.
You know, it is always better to address ideas rather than engage in ad hominems. Personal attacks can lead to hurt feelings.

I admit that I get my news from the mainstream media rather than an alternative reality. This has served humankind well since the Age of Reason.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:30 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:40 pm

You know, it is always better to address ideas rather than engage in ad hominems. Personal attacks can lead to hurt feelings.

I admit that I get my news from the mainstream media rather than an alternative reality. This has served humankind well since the Age of Reason.
This is true and you might note that I usually don't imbibe in ad homenems. But hopefully, you also notice that non-Trumpers have made no effort to curb their hatred of Trump and his supporters, even though, Trumpanzees, (as we are called) are citizens of this nation. We are not required to be right, smart, handsome (though that comes naturally) to voice our opinions and expect some measure of respect. I know, this probably does go both ways, but here is one of the few places and I still talk and expect a portion of common decency, though I know it is a struggle for some.

Here's the deal. I read a lot, watch a lot, think a lot, listen to a lot. And somehow, I don't hate your guts, think you are stupid, think you should be silenced, or hushed because you are dangerous, etc. I don't like what you think. I think a lot of it is straight-up evil and I do want to do away with it. But I don't think it is so much a part of you that you would really miss it.

On the other hand, MSM and Big Tech hate me, which is sort of crazy because I am small fry, nobody listens to me. But, they do a thing called shadowban to me. So where I used to get hundreds of comments to my posts, tweets, may 1 or 2 reply. I know I am not famous, but even here I can get a balanced conversation.

My point is, what I read doesn't make me hate people, but I also don't agree with them. MSM are not independent journalists sharing with you their findings or ideas. It's institutions spoonfeeding you what they want you to think. It's not even that hard to prove. There are hundreds of videos that compare the scripts from one network to another. Sometimes dozens of different networks say the same thing.

No one is thinking anymore, they are just accepting. Millions of views left FOX over the week because it is obvious they have been bought too. They were trying us what was happening, now they are suddenly telling us what to accept.

Thanks though, I knew you wouldn't ban me. Your're a good guy, even though I sense you have bought into some bad ideas.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:21 pm

Apologeticsislying wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:41 pm
Moksha
BTW, Trump has not brought America to a peak of greatness. If anything he has been a blotch.
Even this is far too charitable and credits him too much.
Far too charitable?

LMAO

This sums up the liberal position.

How consciousness can hold on to such hypocrisy and yet dance with the concept of righteousness is beyond me.

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:19 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:21 pm
Moksha
BTW, Trump has not brought America to a peak of greatness. If anything he has been a blotch.
Far too charitable?

LMAO

How consciousness can hold on to such hypocrisy and yet dance with the concept of righteousness is beyond me.
How righteousness can vote for the arrogant, wicked hypocrite and pretend it's all right is what ought to be beyond you
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:38 am

Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:19 am
SaidNobody wrote:
Far too charitable?

LMAO

How righteousness can vote for the arrogant, wicked hypocrite and pretend it's all right is what ought to be beyond you
This I understand and would do it again.

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:26 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:38 am
SaidNobody wrote:

Far too charitable?

LMAO

That doesn't surprise me, Trump has stolen your critical thinking faculties and you gloat over it. :roll:
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:49 am

Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
SaidNobody
Trump is the president of the US. They have actually blocked and filtered his tweets.
When it's just dumbass blatant lies and made up information, of course. When it's verifiably wrong, dead wrong, then of course. DUH. It's time Trump puts on his big boy pants and just goes away like he stupidly claimed Covid 19 would.
I reviewed many of the so-called lies that Trump has told. I haven't found one that is actually a lie. Like my tie is blue and when it was really red. He says things like I won the election. there is a massive amount of evidence that supports that. But of course the media and those who hate him will call that a lie. It's an opinion that cannot be disproved at this time. He says things like there was massive fraud in the media calls that a lie. Just because courts and politicians try to hide their fraud doesn't mean that a lot of it isn't leaked out via Facebook or Twitter. I've watched nearly a hundred videos that seem like fraud to me.

He says things like that was a perfect phone call. I thought it was a perfect phone call.

Just because you don't agree with everything that he says doesn't make it a lie. I have yet had anyone provide me a single straight lie that he has told. They're all matters of opinion or personal viewpoints. But not once has anybody showed me where he intentionally falsified the information. I am welcome to anything you have to show me.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:56 am

Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:26 pm
SaidNobody wrote:

That doesn't surprise me, Trump has stolen your critical thinking faculties and you gloat over it. :roll:
Little bit confused by this. I am extremely critical. LOL

I am called crazy and a racist quite often. But genuinely, do I seem one who doesn't think critically?

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:49 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:56 am
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:26 pm
SaidNobody wrote:

Little bit confused by this. I am extremely critical. LOL

I am called crazy and a racist quite often. But genuinely, do I seem one who doesn't think critically?
From your assessments of Trump and ignoring the literal avalanche of problems, stupidities, and issues, and serious danger he presents to America and our freedoms, I can conclude you honestly don't know how to critically assess the situation.

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:54 am

S
aidnobody
I reviewed many of the so-called lies that Trump has told. I haven't found one that is actually a lie.
He said Covid is nothing to worry about, it's not a big deal, it will just go away. That said in April or May. I am very grateful you do not work as a fact checker. Just one of hundreds of lies, distortions and gaffes. That was easy peasy.
For his most recent, just a few days ago he said he won the election. He didn't. Again, easy peasy....
He said he is a stable genius. Again, truly false, he is neither.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:54 pm

Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:54 am
S
aidnobody
I reviewed many of the so-called lies that Trump has told. I haven't found one that is actually a lie.
He said Covid is nothing to worry about, it's not a big deal, it will just go away. That said in April or May. I am very grateful you do not work as a fact checker. Just one of hundreds of lies, distortions and gaffes. That was easy peasy.
For his most recent, just a few days ago he said he won the election. He didn't. Again, easy peasy....
Again, a matter of opinion. It's not a big of a deal as scientists predicted. They said 2-4 million dead in a year. Trump said he didn't think that it was going to be that bad. Many witnesses have come forth and said that hospitals were misrepresenting deaths. Death related to cancer, heart disease, flu, and other diseases almost disappeared. I know 3 people (personally) who died of cancer, 3 from suicide, this year. I have a nephew that collapsed last week who had recovered from Covid a couple of weeks earlier. They still don't know what happened, (or I haven't been told) but it could have been related to Covid.

How it's that of the thousands of people I know, I'm only aware of one that "might" of died of it. I don't think it's a big deal, and just because everyone is covering their face doesn't make it a big deal. But, flu deaths and pneumonia seem to have disappeared. And finally, life expectancy in America is 76 years. The average age of covid victims is 76 years old.

The "go away" part could have been a mistake, or intention efforts of the government to make it a big deal. Even though the cases have spiked, death rates have fallen about 70%. I don't like that anyone is dying from it, but Trump didn't create it. The places like NYC are turning into Nazi about this, but they have the worst cases. It would seem that those that do the lockdowns have the worst results. So, "It's going to go away when that was a prediction" that perhaps didn't come true. But there is a chance it could have. But many people are saying the lockdowns actually make it worst, which could enough change to make it NOT go away.

I am listening to the court hearing in PA and Trump is testifying, right now. They have presented a lot of evidence. If the court follows that, they will have to over turn the election. So, let's not call that a lie just yet.

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:07 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:54 pm
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:54 am
S
aidnobody
Again, a matter of opinion. It's not a big of a deal as scientists predicted. They said 2-4 million dead in a year. Trump said he didn't think that it was going to be that bad. Many witnesses have come forth and said that hospitals were misrepresenting deaths. Death related to cancer, heart disease, flu, and other diseases almost disappeared. I know 3 people (personally) who died of cancer, 3 from suicide, this year. I have a nephew that collapsed last week who had recovered from Covid a couple of weeks earlier. They still don't know what happened, (or I haven't been told) but it could have been related to Covid.

How it's that of the thousands of people I know, I'm only aware of one that "might" of died of it. I don't think it's a big deal, and just because everyone is covering their face doesn't make it a big deal. But, flu deaths and pneumonia seem to have disappeared. And finally, life expectancy in America is 76 years. The average age of covid victims is 76 years old.

The "go away" part could have been a mistake, or intention efforts of the government to make it a big deal. Even though the cases have spiked, death rates have fallen about 70%. I don't like that anyone is dying from it, but Trump didn't create it. The places like NYC are turning into Nazi about this, but they have the worst cases. It would seem that those that do the lockdowns have the worst results. So, "It's going to go away when that was a prediction" that perhaps didn't come true. But there is a chance it could have. But many people are saying the lockdowns actually make it worst, which could enough change to make it NOT go away.

I am listening to the court hearing in PA and Trump is testifying, right now. They have presented a lot of evidence. If the court follows that, they will have to over turn the election. So, let's not call that a lie just yet.
Gawd damn you are a callous SOB

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:07 pm

Shoot. And that was me being empathic.

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:01 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:45 pm

2 words you haven't a clue as to their meaning, fraud and empathy. OK, 3 words, add the word evidence, that is the other one you cannot seem to grasp with any sort of reality at all.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:51 pm

Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:01 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:45 pm

2 words you haven't a clue as to their meaning, fraud and empathy. OK, 3 words, add the word evidence, that is the other one you cannot seem to grasp with any sort of reality at all.
I was talking about this on another thread. It's sort of about how Iideas transfer from one consciousness to another. Usually when one person speaks a word it invokes an image in the other person's mind. This word might be something simple like "ocean." Such a word is rather pleasant to think about. A different word might be "liar." This word creates unpleasant feelings in US if it is directed towards us. It might even hurt.

Most people would consider how a word reacted within themselves and decide whether they wanted to validate it or not.

Anyway, I'm open to learn. Tell me about fraud, empathy, and evidence.

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:50 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

Let's just break this down a second... Are you talking about that appeal from Rudy to GOP lawmakers in a poorly lit Gettysburg PA hotel ballroom with Trump calling in to rant over a cell phone for 30 mins ? You make it sound like that's a court hearing, rather than a head scratching appeal to basically scrap the PA election--an appeal that has been described by legal experts as "internally inconsistent".

At what point does Trump concede? I don't think he ever concedes. And I think that has more to do with his personality then anything else. So, at what point does his entourage concede? Many if not most have already. For Rudy, it's a job, so you can kinda understand that one, particularly if he's already given up on all later political aspirations. Heck, maybe there's a lucrative reality show in the future cuz all press is good press, right? But at what point does "Donny and the Greatest Superlatives" finally become a solo act?

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:56 am

I am curious about something.

I wonder if everyone who is contributing vociferously to this thread would answer these three questions:

1). What is confirmation bias and the belief bias effect?

2). How does confirmation bias affect one's opinion and belief?

3). How do *I* best guard myself against confirmation bias?

Yes, I will consider and answer these questions too.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:29 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:51 pm
1. Trump is a fraud.
2. Empathy is always a good thing.
3. Evidence is not an empty claim advanced in support of a fraud.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:47 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:29 am
SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:51 pm
1. Trump is a fraud.
2. Empathy is always a good thing.
3. Evidence is not an empty claim advanced in support of a fraud.
This is weak.