Graceful Transfer of Power

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
hmb

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by hmb » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:08 am

River Morgan2 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:38 pm
FB_IMG_1608428131104.jpg
Also, the House and Senate would be bigly democrat!!

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:27 am

River Morgan2 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:38 pm
If Democrats were bringing election Hillary would be president.
She almost was. And almost the exact the same ways. She won the popular vote.

If you would care to review the complaint about the election you would find almost the exact same details of the Hillary election in 2016. Only this time the margins of the cheating was almost eight times as much in some places. They did not hide it hardly at all. They blatantly blocked observers from watching the counts. In Pennsylvania they even got laws to block observers in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. And of course now there are enough lawyers to challenge the complaints. Detroit was really bad in 2016 but unbelievably bad in 2020. It was too obvious to hide But when the complaints were made the courts blocked them.

River Morgan2

Post by River Morgan2 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:23 am

hmb wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:08 am

Also, the House and Senate would be bigly democrat!!
Good point! I can't figure out why Democrats are so bad at stealing elections that they didn't at least ensure the Turtle (McConnell) lost.

River
Every time you find humor in a difficult situation, you win. -Snoopy

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:06 am

Careful with the numbers you're bandying about, SN.

73M people feel the same way as you? Not hardly. The 73M who voted for Trump do not all love him or think the election was rigged. Just a portion of them.. first estimate was about 47M who thought it might be rigged, but most of those were not sure and much is wishful thinking.

10M difference? You're 3M off. Trump lost by 7M. That number better helps your fallacious argument, so you're welcome lol

I say, if we're going to rig an election, at least rig it and get someone good. What about the conspiracies that the Republicans influenced the Dems primary to allow Biden to win? How the F did that old guy win in the first place? Nobody wanted him! Muddy the water enough and the old white guy is the last one standing. Why they ask? Because repubs thought there's one guy who can't possibly beat Trump. Little did they know how bad Trump would keep shoiting himself in the foot. Just give the man lots of air time in front of a bunch of people watching TV cuz they can't go to work and suddenly they realize what a blowhard jackass he is. Give him a crisis to handle and he comes across as an ignorant idiot. That's why he lost, IMO. He had everything go his way. A poor opponent, a national, nay a WORLDLY crisis right before the election. Any incumbent in that situation should win by a landslide. It should not have been close. But it's Trump. And finally his personality disorder was too much for people to ignore.

You can fool part of the people most of the time and most of the people part of the time.

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:11 am

I blame Trump solely for the loss. It's on him.

Lord knows he had the best campaign managers money could buy. I'm sure they advised him what to not say and do. But you can't manage that guy. That's probably why a lot of people love him. Well at least until they really get to know him, work with him, or have to spend time with him. Then they say stuff like, you have to agree with him or he fires you. You have to assuage his ego constantly. He doesn't like different opinions. Etc

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Cnsl1 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:06 am
Careful with the numbers you're bandying about, SN.
You know facts are not so important to me. They help, What is important here is that the numbers, be they a little less or more, don't make sense. Trump won more votes than any other president. But Biden won 7-10M more than that? He gained that kind of enthusiastic response campaigning from his basement? Most of Biden votes were actually hate vote for Trump. But even so, a lot, I mean a whole lot, of people love Trump. Trump won 83% of the counties but still lost the popular vote and the electorial college? 27 state had their election counted in 24hrs, but the ones that dragged on for days tipped the scale?

We just asked for transparency. But nope. Just get over it and move on.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:22 pm

Here is an example of what I am talking about. This is an email that I get because some person with the name similar to mine put the wrong email address in.

------
Stop Republicans is proudly dedicated to doing what we do best -- connecting with voters one on one to increase Democratic voter turnout. If you only want our most important email updates or to unsubscribe, click here.

Rachel Maddow just called out Trump’s crimes:

“It’s very simple: [The Trump Family] broke the law.”

But in order for this call for Trump’s arrest to gain national significance, we need 50,000 Progressive signatures by TOMORROW MORNING:
SIGN NOW: Arrest Donald Trump →
Rachel Maddow
Ronald, we all know Trump is a criminal.

But the only way to get people to pay attention to this call for his arrest is a MASSIVE, NATIONWIDE petition - and we’re still waiting on your signature, Ronald!

Please CLICK HERE or use the button below to get your signature in as soon as possible - so Trump can be arrested for his crimes!

Did you sign yet?

- Stop Republicans

------
I get emails like this all the time from the DNC.

How are your going to justify arresting Trump.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:58 pm

Yeah, that's pretty moronic. You'd never see that kind of anti-Biden, anti-Democrat, anti-Hillary, or anti-Obama kind sentiment from Trump supporters, right?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:55 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:22 pm

Sounds more like you are on a QAnon list.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:31 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:55 pm
SaidNobody wrote:

Sounds more like you are on a QAnon list.
Somebody with a little bit of a different name who is a highly active Democrat must have put in the wrong email address. I've actually looked up his name where he lives on Facebook. Most of his pictures are with Democrat signs and that Democrat fundraisers.

And to answer the other question of somebody, yes I know it's kind of information that exists from both sides. I do get the other side email too. But I haven't seen actual petitions to have someone arrested. There are of course many people who think Hillary committed specific crimes that she should be arrested for. One sailor on a submarine posted a picture himself to his wife's social media page. He got 10 years in prison which was cut short to 5 for good behavior.

Hillary ran a private server and forensic audits revealed that many foreign countries had access to classified information. Not even taking into account how much we might dislike her that really should have been a serious crime. Of course we wanted that to be handled with a certain amount of fairness to what happens to other people who leak government secrets.

But I have been asking people what crimes would you have Trump arrested for? I get that you hate him. But is that enough in your mind to have him arrested? I know they are digging through everything they can to find something on him. They even went 40 years in the past to his dad's tax returns. But is hate enough justification?

Trump came to office with billions of dollars and has lost billions of dollars for his time in the presidency. Many former presidents came relatively poor and are now multimillionaires. Should not be more concerning about why ex-presidents are making a lot of money?

Anyway, I'm still open for discussion on this. What crime did Trump commit you would see him arrested for?

River Morgan2

Post by River Morgan2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:09 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:31 am
...But I have been asking people what crimes would you have Trump arrested for?....

Trump came to office with billions of dollars and has lost billions of dollars for his time in the presidency.
Anyway, I'm still open for discussion on this. What crime did Trump commit you would see him arrested for?
Contrary to your statement about Trump's riches, *unbiased* news articles reported that Trump's tax records showed he is not nearly as wealthy as he claims. Many of his properties are mortgaged. He owes millions of dollars, including $400 million to the Russians (a fact that should make your blood run cold). Trump's billions are actually "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

He never probably divested himself of his businesses when becoming president, and has made millions of (often government) dollars from those properties in the last four years by manipulating where he and others stay, and from other entities currying favor with him.

That's a violation of Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution, the Emoluments Clause.

That's just for starters.
River

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:33 am

River Morgan2 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:09 am
SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:31 am
...But I have been asking people what crimes would you have Trump arrested for?....

Trump came to office with billions of dollars and has lost billions of dollars for his time in the presidency.
Contrary to your statement about Trump's riches, *unbiased* news articles reported that Trump's tax records showed he is not nearly as wealthy as he claims. Many of his properties are mortgaged. He owes millions of dollars, including $400 million to the Russians (a fact that should make your blood run cold). Trump's billions are actually "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

He never probably divested himself of his businesses when becoming president, and has made millions of (often government) dollars from those properties in the last four years by manipulating where he and others stay, and from other entities currying favor with him.

That's a violation of Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution, the Emoluments Clause.

That's just for starters.
River
He put his company in a blind trust. He didn't even have to do that as no other president ever has. Putting the company in a blind trust was more than what was required of him.

If you were to strictly enforce this every president of the United States would go down. But having a loan from a foreign country is not the same as having a loan from a foreign state. Loans have to be paid back. If someone could trace the loan as a gift that would be different. Hillary Clinton took over 118 million dollars from Morocco. The Clinton Foundation takes millions and gifts and donations from all over the world.

When all of this stuff about Donald Trump and his money came out I had to simply shake my head. Most old-fashioned billionaires look broke on paper. It's one of the reasons they don't pay so much in taxes. But just like Elon musk is the richest man in the world for holding stock in his company, Donald Trump is wealthy because of property he owns around the world. Many of them are probably in their own LLC.

If you ever want to watch a funny movie watch the one with Danny DeVito and called Other People's Money. You can be managing billions of dollars while looking like you are completely broke. You can get benefits off of that such as loans and other things that you take out on a project but have to pay back. It's all perfectly legal and it makes you look perfectly wealthy. And in fact you are why wealthy to be trusted with that kind of task.

I do not know the value of Trump's buildings but I know those towers alone are probably worth over a billion dollars each. But a billionaire who earns his money like Trump does is always in debt. Usually a lot of it. And it's okay because they know him can be pay it back. They would never loan you or me that kind of money cuz we could never give it back to them. Trump can.

In other words, in order to have Trump's money you have to be trustworthy. People have to be able to know you'll give them back the hundreds of millions of dollars you'll take. And with it some interest.

Having a loan from a foreign bank in no way violates the clause you listed. It's not a gift. And my understanding was as money was loaned from either the Netherlands or Germany.

Trump has ties with old USSR, the grandparents to his children live in Czechoslovakia. They spent their summers there behind the iron curtain. They know what it is like to live poor but to find joy anyway. That is where Trump Jr learned to hunt because they were hungry. Just because they are familiar with the people there doesn't mean that the government likes them or that they like the government there. Quite the opposite. According to Trump Jr standing in line with his grandfather to get bread made him a little bit bitter towards the government. They wasted people's energy. They fed them but did not expect them to work very much at all. Just enough to keep them alive basically. They have no love for the Russian government.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:25 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:33 am
They have no love for the Russian government.
When Putin says bend over, Trump bends.

Has anyone been following the "martial law" ideas being floated around the White House by Trump, Sidney Powell, Mike Flynn, and the former Mormon head of Overstock.com? Giuliani has even asked Homeland Security if they can commandeer the voting machines. Pretty wild stuff.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

River Morgan2

Post by River Morgan2 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:42 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:25 pm
Has anyone been following the "martial law" ideas being floated around the White House by Trump, Sidney Powell, Mike Flynn, and the former Mormon head of Overstock.com? Giuliani has even asked Homeland Security if they can commandeer the voting machines. Pretty wild stuff.
Yes I have. And I am appalled. I knew Trump warped the people around him. But this is egregious!

If anyone wants to know how much different Trump's presidency has been from any that came before it, all they have to do is look at the transition history so far.

River

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:04 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:25 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:33 am
They have no love for the Russian government.
When Putin says bend over, Trump bends.

While I heard this often, I don't see Trump bending. In fact, I think Trump is pissed that he couldn't do more to make peace with Russia, and I am too. But he has the toughest sanctions on Russia any president has. And it was Obama that let Russia take Crimea, heard him on the hot mic. We missed a chance with Russia and now I think we are going to pay for it. Trump tweeted out that the "Martial Law was fake news" and that has been my impression along. Sure, people want him to do it, but it wouldn't fix the distrust we have.

I would rather him run for President and fit it that way.

hmb

Post by hmb » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:17 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:53 pm

You know facts are not so important to me.
...says my Trump supporting friends/family who don't have any reliable facts to support their claims of fraud.

hmb

Post by hmb » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:39 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Here is an example of what I am talking about. This is an email that I get because some person with the name similar to mine put the wrong email address in.

------
Stop Republicans is proudly dedicated to doing what we do best -- connecting with voters one on one to increase Democratic voter turnout. If you only want our most important email updates or to unsubscribe, click here.

Rachel Maddow just called out Trump’s crimes:

“It’s very simple: [The Trump Family] broke the law.”

But in order for this call for Trump’s arrest to gain national significance, we need 50,000 Progressive signatures by TOMORROW MORNING:
Rachel Maddow
Ronald, we all know Trump is a criminal.

But the only way to get people to pay attention to this call for his arrest is a MASSIVE, NATIONWIDE petition - and we’re still waiting on your signature, Ronald!

Please CLICK HERE or use the button below to get your signature in as soon as possible - so Trump can be arrested for his crimes!

Did you sign yet?

- Stop Republicans

------

Rachel Maddow did say, “It’s very simple: [The Trump Family] broke the law.” (Hint: pardons are coming for the family.) But the rest of the email is stupid. A petition to arrest Trump is an enormous waste of time. Maddow isn't that dumb. I know that you are showing this email as an example, I just hope you, at the least, question its credibility. You have shown that you only listen to statements that support your position. You have also stated that facts aren't important to you, therefore rendering dialog with you to be pointless, yet still oddly entertaining.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:17 am

hmb wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:39 am

Rachel Maddow did say, “It’s very simple: [The Trump Family] broke the law.” (Hint: pardons are coming for the family.) But the rest of the email is stupid. A petition to arrest Trump is an enormous waste of time. Maddow isn't that dumb. I know that you are showing this email as an example, I just hope you, at the least, question its credibility. You have shown that you only listen to statements that support your position. You have also stated that facts aren't important to you, therefore rendering dialog with you to be pointless, yet still oddly entertaining.
I am sure different arms of the DNC fundraising branch. I would say this because I get a couple of different types of emails from the DNC fundraising but that legitly go to the DNC fundraising page. Usually the emails are about supporting a particular candidate anywhere in the nation and then it asks for money. This as to sign the petition and then it asks for money. I didn't put the whole email in.

So I am saying this was a legit email from the DNC drumming up support for an arrest for the Trump family.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:19 am

hmb wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:39 am

I am sure different arms of the DNC fundraising branch. I would say this because I get a couple of different types of emails from the DNC fundraising but that legitly go to the DNC fundraising page. Usually the emails are about supporting a particular candidate anywhere in the nation and then it asks for money. This as to sign the petition and then it asks for money. I didn't put the whole email in.

So I am saying this was a legit email from the DNC drumming up support for an arrest for the Trump family.

But you point out some great aspects of my take on things and the truth about this. I don't know exactly who is at the other end of that email. They could be a scammer from Russia or China. there's one of the reasons I don't believe in facts and one of the reasons I claim to know nothing at all.

However, with all of the clues and signs that I am able to read this was from the DNC. They are trying to drum up support, not evidence of a crime or witnesses, but just support for arresting the Trump family.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:20 am

Dup
Last edited by SaidNobody on Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.