Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
SaidNobody

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:58 am

River Morgan2 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:21 am
At last! I agree with most of what you said in your last post, SaidNobody! I'm glad we both kept digging, so that we could find this common ground!

River
The power of life is trixie. Survival is the most powerful of all living elements with fear the primary element of survival, but to keep this feature tweaked without causing panic and chaos is tricky. I think the word was "loyal-opposition." We have done OK challenging each other, but I fear a third has joined the game.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:15 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:16 am
I am a poll greeter at my local precinct. About 1 in 100 will call me a Nazi or fascist.
That's kind of odd. What do you do that would prompt such a bizarre accusation?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Today's news:

Two days before leaving office Attorney General William P. Barr said he saw no reason to appoint special counsels in the investigation into Hunter Biden, or to investigate Mr. Trump’s claims of widespread voter fraud. He said that he would make decisions on all issues “on the basis of the law and the facts.”

Also:

Fox News, Newsmax and OAN are facing serious lawsuits from the makers of electronic voting machines for spreading demonstrably false stories. One company was slandered by all three news services for supposedly producing false data in states where their machines were not even employed.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:50 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:15 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:16 am
I am a poll greeter at my local precinct. About 1 in 100 will call me a Nazi or fascist.
That's kind of odd. What do you do that would prompt such a bizarre accusation?
The blonde hair and blue eyes. Could have had something to do with the Republican sign next to me but not likely. I've been called skinhead and Nazi often. Believe it or not it was most often in Hurricane, Utah.

But trust me, when people see me they usually react.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:57 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:26 pm
Today's news:

Two days before leaving office Attorney General William P. Barr said he saw no reason to appoint special counsels in the investigation into Hunter Biden, or to investigate Mr. Trump’s claims of widespread voter fraud. He said that he would make decisions on all issues “on the basis of the law and the facts.”

Also:

Fox News, Newsmax and OAN are facing serious lawsuits from the makers of electronic voting machines for spreading demonstrably false stories. One company was slandered by all three news services for supposedly producing false data in states where their machines were not even employed.
Something happened to Bill Barr Just a few weeks before the election. He was all gung-ho with us and then quickly as that disappeared He came out singing a different tune.

Now you can think that maybe he actually saw the light and changed his mind. Or on the unlikely chance you are more like me and believe he is probably being blackmailed.

He's one of the most educated man I've ever listened to. I could listen to his arguments and debates for hours. I don't know how you could have the perspective and depth that he did and then suddenly and willingly change your mind.

As for those other news networks, It's really hard to know what to trust. I listen to them with some hope that I might know what is going on. But like mainstream media there is a lot of buzz and not a lot of bang. For two and a half years during the molar investigation there was a lot of buzz about bombshells, but not a single bombshell.

So I joined the chorus of those generally doubting the truthfulness of the election. I don't off and throw up facts because I don't know what I can trust. some of the ones I do trust I have posted but people don't really seem to care. I know for a fact that Pennsylvania governor other minions change the laws shortly before the election. Those changes were more than enough to throw the results of the election. Those are once again being challenged in court. I am not sure how that will go down. But I will stand on the idea and the belief in my personal witness to the corruption of this last election.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:57 pm
Something happened to Bill Barr Just a few weeks before the election. He was all gung-ho with us and then quickly as that disappeared He came out singing a different tune.

Now you can think that maybe he actually saw the light and changed his mind. Or on the unlikely chance you are more like me and believe he is probably being blackmailed.
I think it's pretty obvious what happened to him. He doesn't have to bow and scrape to Donald Trump anymore and he finally started to grow a pair.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:48 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:50 pm
The blonde hair and blue eyes.
People are so weird. It would never occur to me in a million years to think someone's a Nazi based on their appearance. Unless they had swastika tattoos on their face or something.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:06 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:57 pm

I think it's pretty obvious what happened to him. He doesn't have to bow and scrape to Donald Trump anymore and he finally started to grow a pair.
There is always that third option I forget.

So Bill grows a set. I already thought he was pretty well endowed, but hey, maybe. So Trump is like, "Where the hell is my AG?" Nothing.

Then Bill pokes his nose out and Trump doesn't rip his head off. Trump even makes excuses for Bill. Says that he is nicer than he would be. Says people should be in jail but Bill is too nice. That is Trump speak for "thank you but I get it." Not like Jeff Session who he never forgave. Somebody got to him.

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:49 am

SaidNobody, I'm really curious and you don't have to answer, but this is an honest question and I'm not trying to bait you into lighting yourself on fire.

What would it take for you to jump off the Trumpwagon? What would he have to do for you to change your opinion of him?

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Cnsl1 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:49 am
SaidNobody, I'm really curious and you don't have to answer, but this is an honest question and I'm not trying to bait you into lighting yourself on fire.

What would it take for you to jump off the Trumpwagon? What would he have to do for you to change your opinion of him?
I am the Trump Train.

No one has been able to grasp that I'm not following Trump, I'm supporting him. He is working for me. All of this border wall, world peace, stronger military, law and order, ad nauseam, is stuff I want to be done.

I have told people, "Trump is my president, not my priest." But honestly, when I am teaching my kid about morals and courage, Donald Trump comes up so often it embarrassing. Seriously, the dude is worthy of sainthood, not that you guys believe in that sort of thing. I don't know everything about Trump, but I've read all of his books, followed much of his career, noted many of the accusations and stories about him.

I don't think there is anything Trump WOULD do to make me withdraw my support. But I could be wrong. I don't approve of the idea of martial law, and he claims it's fake news, but that isn't cool.

Trump has an ego, but one that is well justified. He doesn't want to "take" anything. He wants to win. He would rather walk away from something that was stolen, like the election, than take it by force. He can still win, I think he is weighing the consequences.

Most of his "supporters" believe this was stolen. If he just walks away because it is too messy, that would disappoint a lot of people, and it would also get ugly. Trump loves to win, and he really struggles with the idea of just letting it go. But I think he more concerned about what would happen if he just accepted defeat. He is rich, he has beautiful homes all over the world. He doesn't need this trouble.

So, the short answer, at the end of a long post, I wouldn't stop supporting Trump. If he quits, a different force will gather and I would feel obligated to join it. Trump is our champion, we (I) are not his followers.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:45 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:18 pm
I don't think there is anything Trump WOULD do to make me withdraw my support.
What if it turned out that Trump was actually the one eating babies as a sacrament to Satan, and not Hillary and Joe? What if someone found the purported hidden camera blackmail videos from Epstein's home and Trump was on one of them? What if Trump turned out to be a reptilian space overlord?

I suspect any of those would at least give you pause?

shrugged

Post by shrugged » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:58 pm

What if Trump stood in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shot Mitt Romney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

River Morgan2

Post by River Morgan2 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:13 pm

shrugged wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:58 pm

No one would be surprised. It's Trump.
Every time you find humor in a difficult situation, you win. -Snoopy

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:32 pm

River Morgan2 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:13 pm
shrugged wrote:

Is that even fair? Has Trump shot anybody?

Trump would never soil his reputation by shooting at Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney has been a disappointment to me in so many ways. Mitt Romney is like a four alarm burrito fart in church. It's hard to ignore but probably won't be remembered.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:23 pm

You don't have to believe this, but this might help you understand where we are.

https://oathkeepers.org/2020/12/open-le ... -the-coup/

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:46 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:23 pm
You don't have to believe this, but this might help you understand where we are.

A call for domestic terrorism from a right-wing militia group, eh?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

hmb

Post by hmb » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:27 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:32 pm
River Morgan2 wrote:
shrugged wrote:

Not with a gun, but he has handled the deadly virus so badly, it has caused unnecessary death. Even if you could admit to 10% of the deaths being due to his irresponsibility, how many have died because of his lack of action, care, concern? He knew, and knows, how bad this would be. But that's just a true fact, that you choose to not acknowledge. You did say you don't do "facts."

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:37 am

hmb wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:27 am
SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:32 pm
River Morgan2 wrote:

Not with a gun, but he has handled the deadly virus so badly, it has caused unnecessary death. Even if you could admit to 10% of the deaths being due to his irresponsibility, how many have died because of his lack of action, care, concern? He knew, and knows, how bad this would be. But that's just a true fact, that you choose to not acknowledge. You did say you don't do "facts."
Please. I don't believe in facts, That's true. Doesn't mean I don't understand them. You're welcome to show them to me. I can show you facts where he probably saved millions of lives. If you want to show me facts where he is responsible for 10%, please go ahead.

Trump made huge deal of this. Humongous. Democrat lawmakers down played it. Keep calling Trump xenophobic for trying to stop the flow of the virus into the United States. Kept telling people to come on down to Chinatown it's beautiful. What you call down playing is more of what we call coaching. Telling us that we would survive this. That we would come out the other hand stronger. That it wasn't as bad in the end as predicted. Those things seem to be true. :twisted:

There is one inescapable fact, okay, and I use that word fact knowing that of course it can be unraveled. But the Democrats and the media hate Donald Trump. If you think for even a second that one word out of their mouth was an unbiased opinion about what was going on then shame on you.

Early predictions were 2.2 to 4.4 million people dead this year. Trump acted quickly and we never got close to that number. I suppose you will use his rallies and unsupportive positions for the mask as why he is responsible for the deaths?

Recent studies have shown that 70% of those infected and got it at home. Wearing a mask seems to have about a 2% difference which is within the margin of error of simply nothing.

Show me the facts. I will simply unravel them for you.
Last edited by SaidNobody on Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:40 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:23 pm

That is sad and pathetic.

You really want the US military to start killing US citizens so Trump can get his way?

Trump lost. There was no steal. No matter how much these guys yammer about it on social media and in alt-right tabloids, his attorneys could produced no credible evidence, and his judges could find no merit. The Attorney General and Supreme Court sent him packing.

Time to grow up, set aside the moronic conspiracy theories, and work on actually making America great, rather than trying to dismantle it.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:44 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:37 am
Please. I don't believe in facts, That's true.
Yeah facts tend to conflict with delusion.