Wife dropped a bomb on me

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
deacon blues

Re: Wife dropped a bomb on me

Post by deacon blues » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:28 am

fetchface wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:03 pm
Thanks, guys!

Right now she seems pretty motivated to make this official. She just sent in the family resignation letter!

It's going to be really kind of weird to not have the church hanging over my life in any real way. My only exposure will be when I visit my parents, I guess?

It really seems like it is too good to be true, like it's not real or something. Covid was giving us a break and I was getting used to it, but never did I dream it would be permanent.
Wow! :o Yeah, maybe COVID helped you out of the Church.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:47 pm

Fetchface, tell us more of the continuing after-effects.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

fetchface

Post by fetchface » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:17 pm

deacon blues wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:28 am
Wow! :o Yeah, maybe COVID helped you out of the Church.
I think it was instrumental in allowing time for reflection. It may have happened anyway but the timeline would probably have been slower. My wife told me that over the past year she has been trying life out without various aspects of the church. For example, she has tried life out without prayer and noticed that she didn't miss it. She tried Christmas without talking about Jesus and found that it was fine. She got downright pissed about the #givethanks thing. She felt that it was aimed at women due to the timing of the talk, during the day on a weekday, and that it was insulting to them.

If life had been normal, she may have been too busy for a lot of this reflection and self-discovery. At least that's what I think.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/

fetchface

Post by fetchface » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:41 pm

moksha wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:47 pm
Well, we had a glass of wine with dinner the other night and my wife commented that she didn't really feel much different other than a warm feeling in her cheeks and ears. I told her that the biggest surprise for me when I had my first drink was that I didn't really feel any different. I had expected to turn into a depraved maniac.

We also got Mexican food the other night and she tried a Corona. She didn't like it but then gave me the last little bit and when I tried it, it had some weird taste that mine didn't have. I think she may have gotten a bad one.

I parted with my Mormon history books. That felt kind of nice to let go of those. Some of them are getting mailed out to our very own beetbox if my wife has time to go by the post office today.

Otherwise, it kind of just feels like the pandemic slog continues. I'm ready for life to get back to normal. I think it will really become real in my mind when life gets back to normal but the church isn't there.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:42 pm

fetchface wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:41 pm
moksha wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:47 pm
Well, we had a glass of wine with dinner the other night and my wife commented that she didn't really feel much different other than a warm feeling in her cheeks and ears. I told her that the biggest surprise for me when I had my first drink was that I didn't really feel any different. I had expected to turn into a depraved maniac.

We also got Mexican food the other night and she tried a Corona. She didn't like it but then gave me the last little bit and when I tried it, it had some weird taste that mine didn't have. I think she may have gotten a bad one.

I parted with my Mormon history books. That felt kind of nice to let go of those. Some of them are getting mailed out to our very own beetbox if my wife has time to go by the post office today.

Otherwise, it kind of just feels like the pandemic slog continues. I'm ready for life to get back to normal. I think it will really become real in my mind when life gets back to normal but the church isn't there.
Wine and libations are fine and all, but if you really want to wake up your culinary senses and enhance your dining experiences I'd suggest 5-15mgs of vitamin T from some top shelf jazz cabbage.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:38 pm

Fetch let me help you out here.

Mexican Food + Beer = Men
Mexican Food + Margarita’s = Women

Women + Margarita’s = Horny
Men + Mexican Food = Gassy

Gassy + Horny = Sexy Fail

While I’m doing Mormon math:

Women - Mormonism = no G’s

No G’s = Sexy Success!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:07 am

I suspect that the weird taste with the last of your wife's Corona was because you were drinking the last little bit that was probably no longer cold. There's a big difference in the taste of ice cold beer and room temperature beer. Very unlikely one bottle of Corona is any different than the next. If it was tap, it could be a different batch with an incorrect mix, but I'd still bet money it was just a temperature difference. :)

And I agree that usually women get margaritas with mexican food. And more specific, strawberry or pomegranate or watermelon or prickly pear margaritas that are sweeter. Guys get beer or the regular margaritas.

I think it's in the Martinez Mexican Food handbook and Tequila survival guide. Lol

fetchface

Post by fetchface » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:30 am

Oh, there was definitely something off with the beer. If it had been mine, I wouldn't have drunk it, but my wife didn't know any better.

I've been known to get the spicy mango margarita from one of the other Mexican places here in town but this place doesn't have a bar and we were just picking up take-out so we got the beer in bottles. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have gotten the beer at all but I think my wife just wanted to try it. Her sister loves beer so I think she was just wondering if she does too. Unfortunately, I think she grabbed one that was a little off but she can try mine later any time she wants.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

fetchface

Post by fetchface » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:36 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:38 pm
Fetch let me help you out here.

Mexican Food + Beer = Men
Mexican Food + Margarita’s = Women

Women + Margarita’s = Horny
Men + Mexican Food = Gassy

Gassy + Horny = Sexy Fail

While I’m doing Mormon math:

Women - Mormonism = no G’s

No G’s = Sexy Success!
Lol. Love it!
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:21 pm

Cnsl1 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:07 am
Very unlikely one bottle of Corona is any different than the next.
Actually, Corona from a bottle is famous for being "off." Beer in clear bottles becomes "light-struck" or "skunked" when it gets exposed to sunlight. This is also why Corona is famous for being served with a lime-wedge: The lime covers up the skunky smell and taste. If the Fetch Family's Coronas were poured from bottles, it wouldn't be surprising at all that Mrs. Fetch got a skunked bottle, while Mr. Fetch didn't.

Try putting a bottle of Corona in the sunlight for a few minutes, then chill it long enough with another bottle in the fridge until they are the same temperature and compare the two side-by-side. If you don't notice a difference, I'll be shocked. :shock: (Of course it's also likely that all of your Corona's in bottles are skunked by the time they reach your fridge. Always buy mild barley drinks in clear or green bottles by the case. :mrgreen: )

[/end-mild-barley-drink-thread-jack]
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:20 am

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:21 pm
Cnsl1 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:07 am
Very unlikely one bottle of Corona is any different than the next.
Actually, Corona from a bottle is famous for being "off." Beer in clear bottles becomes "light-struck" or "skunked" when it gets exposed to sunlight. This is also why Corona is famous for being served with a lime-wedge: The lime covers up the skunky smell and taste. If the Fetch Family's Coronas were poured from bottles, it wouldn't be surprising at all that Mrs. Fetch got a skunked bottle, while Mr. Fetch didn't.

Try putting a bottle of Corona in the sunlight for a few minutes, then chill it long enough with another bottle in the fridge until they are the same temperature and compare the two side-by-side. If you don't notice a difference, I'll be shocked. :shock: (Of course it's also likely that all of your Corona's in bottles are skunked by the time they reach your fridge. Always buy mild barley drinks in clear or green bottles by the case. :mrgreen: )

[/end-mild-barley-drink-thread-jack]
I stand corrected. I was not aware.
I have only had maybe two coronas in my life so I guess I got lucky. I tend to have Blue Moon and it's varieties and they always taste the same so long as they're cold.