Archaic Mormons

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
moksha

Archaic Mormons

Post by moksha » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:27 am

Three features of Mormonism I remember reading on apologetic LDS internet sites:

1. The Adamites were our ancestors and they all were part of the Mormon faith. They originated in the Garden of Eden and were kicked out when they gained sentience, to then live at Adam-ondi-Ahman on the North American Continent, which later became Daviess County, Missouri. The Archaic Mormons of that dispensation were not yet ready for the penultimate Mormon doctrine of polygamy, so such info was not included in the fruit of knowledge. Even if it had been, Adam had yet to meet his eventual in-laws.

2. Apart from the first Archaic Mormons was a second group that had evolved on the plains of the Serengeti in Africa. This group would later spread out to other parts of the globe. Latter-day Saints would name this group pre-Adamites, although the pre-Adamites descendants would give them the name Homo Sapiens.

3. At some point in the story, the Archaic Mormons met and intermingled with the Homo Sapiens. The tellers of the story on those LDS internet sites were a bit fuzzy on precise meeting details. Perhaps the Adamite descendants traveled across the Bering Sea bridge and made their way to Israel.

This has some plausibility, does it not? :)
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

nibbler

Re: Archaic Mormons

Post by nibbler » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:29 am

Ah. Adam and Eve were among the ancestors of the people on Earth when kicked out of the garden. It all makes sense now.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:39 pm

nibbler wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:29 am
Ah. Adam and Eve were among the ancestors of the people on Earth when kicked out of the garden. It all makes sense now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:39 pm
nibbler wrote:
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:58 pm

What happened to the Adamic group and the Homo Sapiens group during the great flood that covered the entire earth and only 8 people survived, including at least one gay person who pointed out the rainbow to the other 7 people?
~2bizE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:30 pm

While most of the world was trying to figure out how Native Americans got here from the Old World, Mormons were concerned with how the rest of the world got there from Missouri. Topsy Turvey.
2bizE wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:58 pm
...including at least one gay person who pointed out the rainbow to the other 7 people?
That would have been Ham.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:57 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:30 pm
2bizE wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:58 pm
...including at least one gay person who pointed out the rainbow to the other 7 people?
How did his wife, Egyptus, feel about their arrangement? Maybe it was not as confusing as having a Greek name in a world where everyone spoke Adamic.

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:21 am

Corsair wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:57 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:30 pm

How did his wife, Egyptus, feel about their arrangement? Maybe it was not as confusing as having a Greek name in a world where everyone spoke Adamic.
Since they both were filthy degenerates, according to scripture, maybe it was an open relationship. It really must have been, given all the incest that would be necessary to repopulate the entire world from just eight people.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:42 pm

LSOF wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:21 am
Since they both were filthy degenerates, according to scripture, maybe it was an open relationship. It really must have been, given all the incest that would be necessary to repopulate the entire world from just eight people.
What if by that time instead of an open relationship, the eight Adamites were polygamating to raise righteous seed? The much larger group of Homo Sapiens was doing its neolithic thing.

Enish-go-on-Dosh for all this St. Patrick's Day! :mrgreen:
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

græy

Post by græy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:21 am

Reuben wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:39 pm
nibbler wrote:
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack