Who’s next on the excommunication list?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Who’s next on the excommunication list?

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:44 am

Now that Natasha Helfer has been excommunicated, the (local :lol: ) leaders of the church will move on and continue down their list. Who is left on the list?

Jana Riess
Radio Free Mormon
W. T. Fluffy

I’m not sure who is even left in the cesspool of Mormon podcasters and provocative agitators of change?

Any preppers?
Doomsday speculators?

Who is next?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

jfro18

Re: Who’s next on the excommunication list?

Post by jfro18 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:19 am

I cannot believe that RFM hasn't been dealt with since he has been 'outed' and doesn't hide his identity anymore even if he doesn't use his name during podcasts.

Because Jana Reiss has a direct vehicle to publish about the church to an audience beyond people who are really engaged in Mormonism, they won't touch her IMO.

It's amazing that they ex'ed Natasha and yet Lindsey Hansen Park is still there - she's more critical of leaders and history and is still a member of record.

They just threatened a TikTok couple with excommunication for posting videos about their faith journey... so they're clearly worried about that.

I don't get what they're doing... it makes no sense.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:46 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:44 am
Now that Natasha Helfer has been excommunicated, the (local :lol: ) leaders of the church will move on and continue down their list. Who is left on the list?

Jana Riess
Radio Free Mormon
W. T. Fluffy
Ooooooooooooh Yeah!!!

Pick Me! Pick Me! Pick Me!

I of course I have Fluffy fantasies about showing up to my "Membership Council" in board-shorts and flip-flops, with pizza and cheap beer. Just long enough to let the kangaroo clowns know that not one person in the room knows anything about me, and inflicting their "spiritual violence" on me literally hurts no-one but my believing family members.

Of course, of course: I'm a nobody, and have no risk whatsoever that I know of, of getting "EX-ed." When I gave up on attempting to remain a member in good standing of their club, I became virtually invisible to all my believing neighbors. If and when one of them accidentally messed up and let my face wander into their field of vision, they would immediately avert their eyes so as to not contract the leprosy of waking up to reality.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Stig

Post by Stig » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:02 am

wtfluff wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:46 am
Ooooooooooooh Yeah!!!

Pick Me! Pick Me! Pick Me!

I of course I have Fluffy fantasies about showing up to my "Membership Council" in board-shorts and flip-flops, with pizza and cheap beer.
I'm envisioning a scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High:
[Spicoli has had a pizza delivered to class]

Mr. Hand: Am I hallucinating here? Just what in the hell do you think you’re doing?

Jeff Spicoli: Learning about Cuba, and having some food.

Mr. Hand: Mr. Spicoli, you’re on dangerous ground here. You’re causing a major disturbance on my time.

Jeff Spicoli: I’ve been thinking about this, Mr. Hand. If I’m here and you’re here, doesn’t that make it our time? Certainly, there’s nothing wrong with a little feast on our time.

Mr. Hand: [takes away box of pizza from Spicoli] You’re absolutrly right, Mr. Spicoli. It is our time. Yours, mine and everyone else’s in this room. But it is my class.

[calls up a couple of students]

Mr. Hand: Mr. Spicoli has been kind enough to bring us a snack. Be my guest. Help yourselves. Get a good one.
Last edited by Stig on Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Stig

Post by Stig » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:05 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:44 am

Jana Riess
Radio Free Mormon
W. T. Fluffy

I’m not sure who is even left in the cesspool of Mormon podcasters and provocative agitators of change?

Any preppers?
Doomsday speculators?

Who is next?
Since so much of this is a game of roulette based on the whims of local leadership, it's hard to predict. However, if SLC gets involved, I'd have to place my money on RFM. He has managed to become a very successful agitator.
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:34 am

jfro18 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:19 am
It's amazing that they ex'ed Natasha and yet Lindsey Hansen Park is still there - she's more critical of leaders and history and is still a member of record.
I wonder if Lindsay Hansen Park is safer because she does not appeal to the TBM crowd. She runs Sunstone and makes podcasts that few members will ever listen to. Natasha Helfer was reaching TBMs and showing them how to have good mental health and good marriages. That may seem more threatening to the leadership. This is a very sad state of affairs.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:53 am

There’s that guy from Idaho that is filling the vacuum left by the arrest of Chad Daybell.

Tyson Thomson?

Apparently he’s promoting “bonded marriages” where it’s ok to have sexual relations with other people as long as you were sealed to them in a prior mortal probation. Of course this sounds insane considering you’d have to believe in the multiple mortal probation doctrine, which Joseph Smith has once taught. Reincarnation is the simpleton term.

Here’s what LHP has posted.
Attachments
930B48DF-5590-47E6-82C8-BAE3D889FE1A.jpeg
930B48DF-5590-47E6-82C8-BAE3D889FE1A.jpeg (151.88 KiB) Viewed 1354114 times

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:10 am

I thought I once read years ago on the recovery from Mormonism board a story about Avraham Gileadi and how he promoted in home Bible lessons that would turn into “spiritual bonding” sessions. This was where they would embrace in long drawn out hugs in order to entangle spirits and become closer to God. I wish I could find that post but the RFM board doesn’t hold on to their posts for very long.

Why do charismatic religious leaders always end up having sex with their congregations? Has anyone done a study about this?

Stig

Post by Stig » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:15 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:10 am
I thought I once read years ago on the recovery from Mormonism board a story about Avraham Gileadi and how he promoted in home Bible lessons that would turn into “spiritual bonding” sessions. This was where they would embrace in long drawn out hugs in order to entangle spirits and become closer to God. I wish I could find that post but the RFM board doesn’t hold on to their posts for very long.

Why do charismatic religious leaders always end up having sex with their congregations? Has anyone done a study about this?
Because those same "charismatic religious leaders" are already narcissistic manipulators who found "religion" in order to groom victims. Once again I recommend the book - Malignant Pied Pipers.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:08 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:19 am
I cannot believe that RFM hasn't been dealt with since he has been 'outed' and doesn't hide his identity anymore even if he doesn't use his name during podcasts.
RFM wears a cape and that other guy has glasses. There's no way they could be the same person. They'll never track him down.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:28 pm

I think Consigliere is on the list, however he is extremely factual and precise. Consigliere doesn’t speculate, so it is harder to prosecute facts.

I’m thinking there are some CES/BYU employees we may not know about who could surface soon.

Also,Quaku El

I speculate there is a 70 brewing excommunication.
That Bundy guy is probably on a list.
~2bizE

Stig

Post by Stig » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:25 pm

2bizE wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:28 pm
I think Consigliere is on the list, however he is extremely factual and precise. Consigliere doesn’t speculate, so it is harder to prosecute facts.

I’m thinking there are some CES/BYU employees we may not know about who could surface soon.

Also,Quaku El

Consigliere = RFM = ? ;)

Kwaku is a defender; he won't be exed.

Angel

Post by Angel » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:54 pm

I struggle with understanding why people do not just remove their name. (This is what I did, fairly painless process). For all the complaining, do those who stay think some part of it is true? which part do they think is true? Is it only possible to change culture from within the organization and not from without?
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:39 pm

Angel wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:54 pm
I struggle with understanding why people do not just remove their name. (This is what I did, fairly painless process). For all the complaining, do those who stay think some part of it is true? which part do they think is true? Is it only possible to change culture from within the organization and not from without?
With your name on the rolls, you have a slightly stronger voice within Mormonism. Some people stay in nominally for that.

For some people, membership represents meaningful social ties.

For me, it's my opportunity to vote with my feet. I only get to do it once, so I want to make it count.

I think it's possible to change the church from within and from without. From within it requires extremely gentle, consistent pressure. From without, well, it seems like shame and existential threats are the only things the church responds to.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Angel wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:54 pm
I don't because I think it would be extremely painful for DW if I did. It seems like that's a common reason - especially given that parents will know when you resign even when you're an adult.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:49 pm

Stig wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:25 pm
2bizE wrote:

Also,Quaku El

Consigliere = RFM = ? ;)

Yes, our Consigliere is RFM.
~2bizE

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:40 pm

2bizE wrote:
I could see Senator Mike Lee and Ammon Bundy running together for some political office, perhaps with Kwaku El as their PR person. Their slogan could be "More Trump than Trump and Mormon too". Of course, in Utah, it would have to read "More Trump than Trump and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints too".
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Stig

Post by Stig » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:59 pm

2bizE wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:49 pm
Stig wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:25 pm
2bizE wrote:

Also,Quaku El

Consigliere = RFM = ? ;)

Yes, our Consigliere is RFM.
I know. The "?" was the space for his real name.

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:28 am

You raise a point. Now that the local leaders rule has eroded a bit, why not erode it just a little more? Any SP from any part of the world can now go after whoever they don't like. Since the first hop in the appeal process is the SP that excommunicated the person, the buck can stop there too.

Maybe the better question is, who would you excommunicate if they made you SP? :twisted:

I'd go after one of those 6 foot tall moon Quakers. Then an SP could ex anyone in the sphere of the Earth and Moon. From there powers can be expanded to go after anyone in the solar system and eventually Kolob itself!
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Culper Jr.

Post by Culper Jr. » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:25 pm

RFM - god, if that ever happens I would love to listen to a recording of that council. The lengths that they went to to prevent Natasha from recording anything to me demonstrates just how damaging these recordings are and how fearful the church is of them. They know they don't have good answers. Natasha's court didn't really involve historical and truth claim issues and they were still terrified of her recording it. RFM would annihilate their arguments with a grin and his trademark hearty laugh. SCMC has a file on him, but I don't think they want to have the conversation. As he becomes more and more popular the church may feel like they will have to make a move, but I am sure that stake president is dreading the day he gets a call from the SCMC telling him to do it.

what about Jonathan Streeter? is he still a member?