Captain Moroni arrested by FBI

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Captain Moroni arrested by FBI

Post by moksha » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:30 am

If there is one thing that will get Utahn's riled up it is Captain Moroni being arrested. The Church might be looking for a busload of tourists to gather at Mountain Meadows and then seek revenge.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/roman-gl ... f67b8b?nbv
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Re: Captain Moroni arrested by FBI

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:42 am

This must be an entire class of The Priesthood. Maybe they should give them their own quorum: the Eltards quorum, or maybe the High Pricks. I get him mixed up with garments/arrows guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n5WBf3rn2E

The thing is, this guy is more of a Joseph Smith/Brigham Young style Mormon than modern leaders would care to admit.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:48 am

Oh so cringey!!! SOO cringey!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Mormons are so persecuted…:)
~2bizE

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:00 am

I wonder if church disciplinary action will be taken against him. I'm sure the leadership ignored him as much as they could, but now his name is public. This was so embarrassing.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:45 am

blazerb wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:00 am
I wonder if church disciplinary action will be taken against him. I'm sure the leadership ignored him as much as they could, but now his name is public. This was so embarrassing.
I predict he will go unpunished unless he speaks unkindly of The Lord's Anointed. If the Bundys are any indication, not only will there be no discipline, but they will soon be selling his memoirs of storming the capitol in Deseret Book.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:36 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:45 am
blazerb wrote:
I predict he will go unpunished unless he speaks unkindly of The Lord's Anointed. If the Bundys are any indication, not only will there be no discipline, but they will soon be selling his memoirs of storming the capitol in Deseret Book.
Of course, the Bundy precedent! What nutcases make news for the church.

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:55 pm

blazerb wrote:
I hear they're taking a full body cast of him so they can put his likeness atop new temples.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:33 pm

What a disappointment. I thought the post would be about Mike Lee.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:37 am

DPRoberts wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:33 pm
What a disappointment. I thought the post would be about Mike Lee.
There's still time and a lot of investigations. We can hope for two Captain Moroni indictments.