NOMference Sunday afternoon Fall 2021

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Re: NOMference Sunday afternoon Fall 2021

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:54 pm

Rexburg North temple???

Friday nights will NEVER be the same in Rexburg!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

SincereInquirer

Post by SincereInquirer » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:44 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:54 pm
Rexburg North temple???

Seriously. I say again, what a waste of money.

The crazy thing is they aren't even touching the Ensign Peak money to do these building projects.

More money for gaudy empty buildings for the dead while so many of the living all around desparately need their assistance.
"I don't need the Mormon church to be true, I just need it to not be verifiably false." - something I read somewhere...(help me give proper citation credit if you know where this came from)

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:49 pm

SincereInquirer wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:44 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Rexburg North temple???

The crazy thing is they aren't even touching the Ensign Peak money to do these building projects.

More money for gaudy empty buildings for the dead while so many of the living all around desparately need their assistance.
The living who benefit from the temple building projects have to be the shareholders of the construction companies that build the temples.

I’d like to see the list of investors getting a schedule K-1. I’ll bet there’s a whose who of apostolic families.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:02 pm

AdmiralHoldo wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:40 pm
moksha wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:32 pm
I can relate to "torturous sleepless nights".
Oh man, I feel you. The medication I take for my insomnia literally also prevents me from sleeping (I wish I was kidding). Also, my husband has a CPAP and still snores. It feels like a sick joke at this point.
Cannabis?

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:05 pm

SincereInquirer wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:02 pm
I can't wait. Seriously. Dallin Hoaks as profit will just continue to help with departures. The more cray cray the better.
Absolutely.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:58 pm

SincereInquirer wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:44 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Rexburg North temple???

I bet they try the same shenanigans as they did with the Tooele temple. Turn it into a master planned community around the temple to make all of the homeowners pay for it. The church is really, really cheap. Will do anything to get out of paying anything…let the members pay on top of their 10%. Probably the Rexburg North temple will be built on land that some deceived sucker donates.
~2bizE

græy

Post by græy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:35 pm

Sorry I missed everything, my friends!

Rather than watch even I've minute of GC I decided to don my yellow jacket and go to Louisiana to take part in some of the very little good the church actually does by helping with hurricane Ida cleanup.

edit: had to fix autocorrect words
Last edited by græy on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

A New Name

Post by A New Name » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:30 am

Graey,

Did your yellow jacks have a "Mormon Helping Hands" logo on it?

græy

Post by græy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 pm

A New Name wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:30 am
Graey,

They surely did.

One lady who we helped out asked which church we were from. One of the people on our team rattled off the full name, to which the little old lady leaned closer, turned her ear and loudly asked "What!?" The guy repeated the name and the little old lady laughed, "That's too long! What do you really call yourselves?" He finally answered, somewhat defeated... "Mormons." She chucked one more time, "Oh! I know you folks. Shoulda just started with that, its much easier."

I couldn't help but drop the giant log I was trying to push off her driveway and laugh for a minute. :lol:
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

SincereInquirer

Post by SincereInquirer » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:03 pm

græy wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 pm
A New Name wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:30 am
Graey,

They surely did.

One lady who we helped out asked which church we were from. One of the people on our team rattled off the full name, to which the little old lady leaned closer, turned her ear and loudly asked "What!?" The guy repeated the name and the little old lady laughed, "That's too long! What do you really call yourselves?" He finally answered, somewhat defeated... "Mormons." She chucked one more time, "Oh! I know you folks. Shoulda just started with that, its much easier."

I couldn't help but drop the giant log I was trying to push off her driveway and laugh for a minute. :lol:
Don't tell Neil Anderson about this story...he might have a coronary.
"I don't need the Mormon church to be true, I just need it to not be verifiably false." - something I read somewhere...(help me give proper citation credit if you know where this came from)