The Church finally addresses DezNat bullies - kind of

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Not Buying It

The Church finally addresses DezNat bullies - kind of

Post by Not Buying It » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:43 am

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/12 ... SnuPbJ9IcQ

I would love to have seen them call DezNat out directly, it's kind of passive-aggressive to just slip a change into the Handbook. But it's more than I expected from them really.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

moksha

Re: The Church finally addresses DezNat bullies - kind of

Post by moksha » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:29 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:43 am
https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/12 ... SnuPbJ9IcQ

I would love to have seen them call DezNat out directly, it's kind of passive-aggressive to just slip a change into the Handbook. But it's more than I expected from them really.
This could theoretically affect the attacks of both the Deseret Nazis and the LDS apologists. Hope they take it as more than just a mere suggestion. I imagine the More Good Foundation will want to attach a rider to their contract with the Midnight Mormon vlog.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Red Ryder

Re: The Church finally addresses DezNat bullies - kind of

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:01 pm

Yeah, but we have to remember they speak out of both sides of their mouth. They ask members to:

…avoid “all statements of prejudice toward others,” the new wording states. It links to the handbook’s section on prejudice, which says, “This includes prejudice based on race, ethnicity, nationality, tribe, gender, age, disability, socioeconomic status, religious belief or nonbelief, and sexual orientation.”

Yet they are extremely prejudiced towards the exact people above. Race, gender roles, religious (dis)belief, and sexual preference.

Do as we say… not as we do!!!

I’m glad to read they are expanding music selections. Bring in the trumpets and drums!!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg