What's up at the MTC?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
deacon blues

What's up at the MTC?

Post by deacon blues » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:13 am

The story is 91 out of 566 missionaries are Covid positive; apparently no serious cases. The MTC requires vaccinations and presumably has easy access to consecrated oil. What's going on?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Palerider

Re: What's up at the MTC?

Post by Palerider » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:08 am

Are they positive for antibodies or are they actually in the middle of the disease?

ETA:

Think I just answered my own question.

https://religionnews.com/2021/12/31/cov ... ng-center/

I guess that could make the MTC a possible "super-spreader". I'm sure there will be people here and abroad that will take a very dim view of that.

Would the church go back to internet training just to avoid the bad P.R.?
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:50 pm

Somebody should perform an exorcism of the Covid spirit. It is spreading like wildfire at the MTC
~2bizE

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:56 pm

2bizE wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:50 pm
Somebody should perform an exorcism of the Covid spirit. It is spreading like wildfire at the MTC
Or... Maybe it's time for another mini hunger-strike? Nothing motivates Elohim like slightly hungry folks... :shock:

/Sarcasm
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:06 pm

I sincerely hope they don't think that one round of testing everyone is enough. I know it's definitely not from dealing with outbreaks in nursing facilities. There are almost always additional people. We had big outbreaks of delta among vaccinated individuals, and omicron is reported to be worse for breakthrough cases unfortunately. :(

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:45 pm

I am guessing they do not use masks at the MTC or if they do, they have to pen the symbols on the masks by themselves.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:57 pm

moksha wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:45 pm
I am guessing they do not use masks at the MTC or if they do, they have to pen the symbols on the masks by themselves.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I laughed for 30 seconds solid, dear penguin.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:45 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:45 pm
I'll admit to being slow. :oops: What's the joke. :roll: Is it too sacred to talk about? :roll:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:53 pm

deacon blues wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:45 am

I'll admit to being slow. :oops: What's the joke. :roll: Is it too sacred to talk about? :roll:

So glad I'm not the only one.

I figured we were talking symbols from the garment but why would anyone put them on their mask?

Is this about magical protection? 🤔
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:16 pm

Remember back in the "early days" of the COVID pandemic, when some of the first super-spreader events happened at religious meetings?

Singing: One of the worst things you can do if you're trying NOT to spread a respiratory virus.

When I was imprisoned... Oops, I mean: When I was at the MTC, we were constantly singing. Big groups, small groups, walking between buildings... Constantly singing. The MTC is the absolute perfect petri-dish for spreading Omicron.

If only someone in that organization had some forethought... Hell, I even I don't need any inspiration to know: As soon as Omicron was "named" and the thought was that it was more contagious than all the other variants means that group setting like the MTC are going to need to take more precautions. I guess the managers of the MTC have even less inspiration than an evil heathen such as myself.

Honestly: Infections in the MorCor are going to get ugly in the next few weeks, not just in the MTC. Let's just hope that the "less severe symptoms" from Omicron are actually real.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:57 pm

The Salt Lake Tribune mentioned Utah is setting a new infection record.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:16 pm

2bizE wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:50 pm
Best exorcism ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ib2YfAM11E
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."