Hi

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
Toe-the-line

Hi

Post by Toe-the-line » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Good Evening Everyone!

I was active on this board in 2012 before my divorce. Back then I was in a mixed faith marriage and attempting to make it work. That is, until I realized the marriage wasn't healthy and not worth saving. I tried to check back into NOM shortly after everything settled only to find it had disappeared. But it appears that it's back and has been back for quite a while.

I'm no longer Mormon or married, but I'm gainfully employed and have a really wonderful nevermo boyfriend. Two of my four kids have graduated from High School. Life is pretty stable, although it took almost a decade to get here and to feel this grounded. I would love to help others take some of these steps if needed or to be a listening ear.

Hagoth

Re: Hi

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:30 pm

Welcome back, TTL! What a long, strange trip it's been. I'm glad to hear that most of the dust has settled. Thanks for bringing your hard-earned wisdom back to NOM. I really look forward to hearing more from you!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:18 pm

Toe-the-line wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:08 pm
Good Evening Everyone!

I was active on this board in 2012 before my divorce. Back then I was in a mixed faith marriage and attempting to make it work. That is, until I realized the marriage wasn't healthy and not worth saving. I tried to check back into NOM shortly after everything settled only to find it had disappeared. But it appears that it's back and has been back for quite a while.

I'm no longer Mormon or married, but I'm gainfully employed and have a really wonderful nevermo boyfriend. Two of my four kids have graduated from High School. Life is pretty stable, although it took almost a decade to get here and to feel this grounded. I would love to help others take some of these steps if needed or to be a listening ear.
Hello! I remember you!!

Welcome back (I LOVE your red shoes :) )

I know many will welcome your input and insights.....sounds like you've had quite the journey these past many years.
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:31 am

Welcome back Toe!

I loved reading your posts all those years ago. You’re writing and shared experiences was amazing.

Looking back, what would you say you did right? And what would you say you should have done differently?

I know someone who is at the crossroads of a possible divorce right now that might benefit from your experience.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Toe-the-line

Post by Toe-the-line » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:53 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:31 am
Welcome back Toe!

I loved reading your posts all those years ago. You’re writing and shared experiences was amazing.

Looking back, what would you say you did right? And what would you say you should have done differently?

I know someone who is at the crossroads of a possible divorce right now that might benefit from your experience.
I wish I had trusted my gut back then. I remember posting about some of the awful stuff happening in my marriage at the time, unsure if it was abuse. So many people on this board didn't know either. Much of the behavior was normalized within the church. I'm sure it still is.

But just because abusive behaviors are normalized doesn't make them non-impactful or non-abusive. I am so glad that I left. I guess, if I had any advice for couples attempting to make a mixed faith relationship work, it would be to really examine the dynamics of the relationship itself to determine if it's worth saving.

alas

Post by alas » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:43 pm

I saw the high heal shoes, and wondered if it was the same person. Welcome back and glad to hear life is good.

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:57 am

Welcome back TTL!!! I remember you!! Good to see you!
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode