Thanksgiving prayer

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Angel

Thanksgiving prayer

Post by Angel » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:17 pm

Loving Earth, we thank thee for this food thou hast provided....

When they ask you to pray to try and force you to be religious :)

Happy Thanksgiving nomies. May your turkey be moist, may your relatives be entertaining - may you laugh loudly and not let anyone under your skin. Happiness and enjoyment to all.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wonderment

Re: Thanksgiving prayer

Post by Wonderment » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:09 am

Thank you, Angel ! Happy Thanksgiving to you. :D

On this Thanksgiving Day and always, I'm very grateful for this message board, where there is so much support and fellowship ! There's always people here with a kind word, wonderful humor, and a perspective that provides support and encouragement. Thanks to everyone for the excellent, and often humorous posts, which always bring a smile to my face and brighten my day. -- Wndr.

Conman52

Post by Conman52 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:10 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Nomies and Go Detroit Lions !!!!!!!!
By their fruits ye shall know them

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:57 am

"May we have plenty of venison and mead under the protection of the Nine Divines."
-- Serana and Zora
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:42 am

Conman52 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:10 am
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Nomies and Go Detroit Lions !!!!!!!!
Go Lions?! That's something you don't see often on Mormon themed boards. They just tied it up though so hopefully you get the Thanksgiving miracle. :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone - genuinely thankful for all of you and the community that exists in this little space of the world!

Conman52

Post by Conman52 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:45 pm

Yeah jfro18 I live in south west Michigan have for all my life glad I'm not in morodoor . I'm thankful for this website and all the Nomies here even if the Lions didn't win.
By their fruits ye shall know them

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:28 pm

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:20 am

Happy Thanksgiving NOMies!!!

And if they ask you to say the prayer...pray to Heavenly Mother. They will never ask again. I promise. (I speak from experience on this one) :lol: :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Angel

Post by Angel » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:46 pm

MoPag wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:20 am

And if they ask you to say the prayer...pray to Heavenly Mother. They will never ask again. I promise. (I speak from experience on this one) :lol: :lol:
Ramen :)

I am proud of myself this year. I was not intimidated by anyone, got my point across with "parables" - smiled, don't you think it is strange those in North Korea follow Kim Jong as unquestioned Supreme leader? So strange all the groups who follow leaders like that - group think is dangerous, no? ...

Any time politics or religion came up, I gave a cultural example to make my point - they know my beliefs, know I was bringing it all right back to them, that they are no different than all the other people herds out there.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:57 pm

Angel wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:46 pm
MoPag wrote:

Ramen :)

I am proud of myself this year. I was not intimidated by anyone, got my point across with "parables" - smiled, don't you think it is strange those in North Korea follow Kim Jong as unquestioned Supreme leader? So strange all the groups who follow leaders like that - group think is dangerous, no? ...

Any time politics or religion came up, I gave a cultural example to make my point - they know my beliefs, know I was bringing it all right back to them, that they are no different than all the other people herds out there.
Way to go Angel!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

alas

Post by alas » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:20 am

MoPag wrote:

Although this made me laugh because it is so true of most Mormons, my own family, including family of origin, in laws, and my own descendants, would get such a kick out of the rebellion, that I would become the go to person for most prayers. Although I have quite a few relatives who still attend church, most are NOM or out. After doing a bit of inventory, my relatives are 75% out, with about 15% nuanced or NOM and about 5% inactive but believing Jack Mormon, and only about 5% TBM. Wow.

AdmiralHoldo

Post by AdmiralHoldo » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:17 pm

My Alma Mater, Butler University, beat BYU in basketball on Thanksgiving Day! I've been waiting 20+ years for my husband's school and my school to play each other and it finally happened. Butler led for pretty much the whole game, too.

Fun fact: Butler is named after an abolitionist, and it was one of the first colleges in the country to admit both blacks and women on equal terms with white men. And BYU... isn't.