Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
SaidNobody

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:25 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:13 pm
The January 6th House Committee recommended today that the DOJ indict Donald Trump and John Eastman on four specific charges. They released a 150-page introduction to their report today and will release the full report on Wednesday.
I don't even watch the news anymore. But from what you describe is the noise they were making during the Mullier investigation. Constant streams of promises and arrests. They never produced anything against Trump. Just two years of nothing but nation dividing bullshit

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:02 pm

dogbite wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:31 pm
I don't think I saw flaws like you seem to think I did.
SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:10 pm
My observation was watching the news report the thief. Then after the election never mentioned again.
this happens all the time that the news drops a story. It might be because of time and editorial constraints it might be because nothing's happened for a while and then it drops out of the public eye. You can't draw any conclusion from it being dropped from the news.

Experts said that with encryption keys on the laptops, results could falsified.
Could is not did. The keys on the laptops would simply be revoked by IT. This is routine and easy. Further, those keys would be linked to specific activities which may not even have the authority to do anything significant. The talking heads were speculating worst case for viewer agitation.
What you have done here is sing of song for media. "Even though we do sketchy shit, you can still believe us."

I saw the local Philadelphia news report the thrift. We did say the numbers wrong. We screamed at the top of our lungs. 1.5 Million votes under suspicion. Act 77, pushed through by the governor, actually went against the constitution of the state.

You are right that correlation is not causation. Could happen doesn't automatically mean that it did happen. But we claimed that it did happen. We the lawsuit after lawsuit trying to be heard at the courts always through them out. We had no standing in the courts that we filed in. Normally you take your evidence to the court and they weigh it against other evidence. But these cases were thrown out because they had no standing in the court meaning that, the court did not have the right to hear the complaint. More than 60 cases thrown out. Not because they were heard and found lacking. But because the court decided that either the people complaining weren't the right people or that they're complaint wasn't in the right Court. Trust me. It happened, but the cases were never heard. I know, I know. You cheered everytime a case was thrown out. Screw them people. I'm

dogbite

Post by dogbite » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:33 pm

Standing matters. You have to be a harmed party. That people filed lawsuits they knew would be thrown out because they couldn't find voters who were actually harmed shows it was grandstanding.

If the claims and evidence were true, there would have been harmed voters to represent.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:28 pm

dogbite wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:33 pm
Standing matters. You have to be a harmed party. That people filed lawsuits they knew would be thrown out because they couldn't find voters who were actually harmed shows it was grandstanding.

If the claims and evidence were true, there would have been harmed voters to represent.
Whatever the legal loopholes you know we had a complaint and yet cheered as the courts rejected the cases. It horrifies me that I could have such compliant yet the legal system doesn't have a way to cope with it.

Most Democrats thought Russia helped Trump. But even though they had years of investigations they never found anything against Trump. We had more than 100 lawsuits, with evidence, all rejected without investigation, for standing issues that I still don't understand.

That election was stolen

dogbite

Post by dogbite » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:59 pm

As pointed out earlier, 30 some-odd employees of Donald Trump were criminally charged because of their participation with Russia meddling and related activities. Trump pardoned a number of them. Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt. Some of Trumps employees have admitted to working with Russia to win the election.

Which has nothing to do with Trump's failure to win in 2020. Odd that you tie the two stories together?

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:01 pm

dogbite wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:59 pm
As pointed out earlier, 30 some-odd employees of Donald Trump were criminally charged because of their participation with Russia meddling and related activities. Trump pardoned a number of them. Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt. Some of Trumps employees have admitted to working with Russia to win the election.

Which has nothing to do with Trump's failure to win in 2020. Odd that you tie the two stories together?
Employees arrests had nothing to do with Trump. This is the media's effort to convict people with the democratic process. But you prove me point. I tell you Mullier was caught red-handed doing the deal with Russia that gave them 20% of our uranium resources and you tell me about Trump's employees.

Democrat policy is to accuse people of what Dems are doing.

dogbite

Post by dogbite » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:46 pm

Oh, we were talking about Mueller? Strange you didn't mention him in that post.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:49 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:28 pm
That election was stolen
You will be happy to know that the Santa Tracker currently places his sleigh hovering over Senegal.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:25 pm

dogbite wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:46 pm
Oh, we were talking about Mueller? Strange you didn't mention him in that post.
Burn! Got me on my spelling.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:55 am

Republicans are strong champions of the 5th Amendment, they pledge themselves to not answering questions truthfully.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:27 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:55 am
Republicans are strong champions of the 5th Amendment, they pledge themselves to not answering questions truthfully.
That statement is..... Judgmental and delusional.

If you think the Mueller investigation was due process then the burning of witches was justified. Thank God for the process.

Actually, the 5th amendment condemns what happened. BS laws and legal attacks were used to to deprive people of their Liberty and property. In spite of not having any evidence against Trump they still use the investigation to harm him. That alone is a violation for the fifth amendment.

hmb

Post by hmb » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:21 am

moksha wrote:
...or to not answering them at all. But, according to 45, only guilty people use it.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:59 am

hmb wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:21 am
moksha wrote:
...or to not answering them at all. But, according to 45, only guilty people use it.
Almost the entire staff of Hillary Clinton used the fifth amendment surrounding her email server debacle. One of her employees of used the fifth amendment 125 times.

The fifth amendment does not mean that you are guilty. Not even Trump can make that different. This was not a legal loophole for the guilty to get away. Simply a method the protecting yourself from being sucked into issues that may have or may not have been your fault.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:01 pm

Trump has been indicted in Florida. I suppose this post will serve as a summons for defense counsel SaidNobody.

Now that we are in the criminal defendant Trump era, there will be new developments in this story.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:24 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:01 pm
Trump has been indicted in Florida. I suppose this post will serve as a summons for defense counsel SaidNobody.

Now that we are in the criminal defendant Trump era, there will be new developments in this story.
Regardless of how things go for him otherwise, Trump will take advantage of it to suck even more money out of his worshippers by generating as much hatred-and-anger inducing fiction as possible.

Hopefully people in the Republican congress will finally reach a point where they feel emboldened enough to start growing some gonads and maybe even try to save their party before it's irretrievably lost to the sewer.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:04 am

Here is the audio version of the indictment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnMOzKtRs5c
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:26 am

Bed Bath & Beyond a Reasonable Doubt

You need a bathroom chandelier when you are storing nuclear secrets
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:44 pm

C'mon Moksha, don't you keep reading material in the bathroom?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:23 am

Trump continues to be in the news with even more criminal charges and co-conspirators.

Still awaiting word of whether Fulton County, Georgia will file RICO charges against Trump for his voter fraud efforts.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:16 am

moksha wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:23 am
Trump continues to be in the news with even more criminal charges and co-conspirators.

Still awaiting word of whether Fulton County, Georgia will file RICO charges against Trump for his voter fraud efforts.
Have you considered not bumping old Trump topics to the lead story or thread? Maybe Trump’s continuous presence in the so-called news has something to do with the people writing the so-called news.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”