Recognized National Leader?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Recognized National Leader?

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:18 pm

Who recognizes the Mormon church as national leaders in preventing child abuse?

“We recognize our selves as national leaders… while we secretly attempt to hide all child sexual abuse in our organization”

I’m ready to resign…

“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Re: Recognized National Leader?

Post by moksha » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:57 pm

I would check that quote sign for gaslight leakage.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:59 am

They also say they're the True Church. Self applied labels should be taken with a grain of salt.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:03 am

It's the same tactic that we have seen so often in a certain former president. You know it's a lie, but you say it with absolute certainty knowing that your devoted followers are obligated to believe it just because you said it, and then you demonize any source of contradictory facts as fake, or in the church's case, satanic.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:09 am

LDS bubble mentality, it's so astonishingly goofy and c_lt-like.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:27 am

"Recognized National Leader"

Citation please. If this came from NAMBLA, I am going to have lots of reservations.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:55 am

The Church just finished arguing in front of the Arizona Supreme Court that they do not have to report child sexual abuse. The Arizona Supreme Court agreed. So just call Kirton McConkie and they will help bishops cover up the abuse. The national leader in "hide the crime and overall deceptiveness".
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:58 pm

If there's one thing I know about Mormonism from living in "the mission field" for all my non-BYU years, it's that no one else thinks Mormons are nearly as important as Mormons think other people think Mormons are.

They legit don't care about the LDS church except for as a weird pop culture reference for the most part.

PalmSprings

Post by PalmSprings » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:33 pm

moksha wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:55 am
The Church just finished arguing in front of the Arizona Supreme Court that they do not have to report child sexual abuse. The Arizona Supreme Court agreed. So just call Kirton McConkie and they will help bishops cover up the abuse. The national leader in "hide the crime and overall deceptiveness".
You mean the Mexican Drug Cartel/Katie Hobbs/LDS church rumor going around? I wouldn't be surprised if the 3 were really linked.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:36 pm

PalmSprings wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:33 pm
moksha wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:55 am
You mean the Mexican Drug Cartel/Katie Hobbs/LDS church rumor going around? I wouldn't be surprised if the 3 were really linked.
I am talking about events found in the newspaper, not some QMormon conspiracy.
-- Moksha

Gatorbait

Post by Gatorbait » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:29 pm

Glass shelf wrote: If there's one thing I know about Mormonism from living in "the mission field" for all my non-BYU years, it's that no one else thinks Mormons are nearly as important as Mormons think other people think Mormons are.

Spot on noble one. Could not agree more.
"Let no man count himself righteous who permits a wrong he could avert". N.N. Riddell