Keeping up with Biden

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Mayan_Elephant

Re: Keeping up with Biden

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:31 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:09 am
I would be happy if both Trump and Biden were removed. I'd take Bernie over either of them. Being old is not as much of a curse as it used to be.

Bernie is a populist. How is he different than Trump? He is different. I am just curious why someone would not vote for Trump but would vote for Bernie.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:35 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:31 pm
Hagoth wrote:
I would be happy if both Trump and Biden were removed. I'd take Bernie over either of them. Being old is not as much of a curse as it used to be.

Bernie is a populist. How is he different than Trump? He is different. I am just curious why someone would not vote for Trump but would vote for Bernie.
Let me rephrase that then to broaden my prospects. I would vote for the crossing guard on the corner over just about any option we will be offered. And I'd go a step further in the case of Trump and vote for a more respectable clown like Ronald McDonald or Krusty.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:04 am

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:35 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Hagoth wrote:

Let me rephrase that then to broaden my prospects. I would vote for the crossing guard on the corner over just about any option we will be offered. And I'd go a step further in the case of Trump and vote for a more respectable clown like Ronald McDonald or Krusty.
Gotchya. I think that what you are describing is an accurate interpretation of most of America's selection process, including those that vote for Biden because he is so much better than Pogo the Clown or Patches the Clown.

Though, other than Bernie's previous campaigns, I have not seen anyone but Trump and Tulsi running as populists. This election is not so much about whether Biden is better than Patches/Pogo or whether Krusty is better than Trump. It is about populism versus having more Yale schmucks break one off in a tradesman's ass.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:07 pm

Please don't shoot the messenger.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/12 ... errorists/

I know, I know, I know.... breitbart... I know. Again... don't shoot the messenger. In this case, Matthews is the messenger and Breitbart is the messenger messenger and I am the messenger messenger messenger.
Matthews said, “I tell you, it’s very tough, because people that didn’t go to college have a pretty good rage on their hands. That’s what you really want in an election, is a rage. It can be black rage, or white rage, or rural rage. In this case is rural rage. They are so angry at the liberal establishment, the coastal elite. They look at people on television, they say, ‘Oh, those people on Saturday Night Live those snarling rich kids, I know who they are. They’re all trust funders. They don’t need us, they don’t have to worry about us.’ And the regular guy in the country goes, ‘There they are snarling and making fun of us again.’ And every time we make fun of Trump, we’re making fun of them.”
I disagree with Matthews, by the way. I do not think it is rural rage. I think it is practical life and common sense rage. It has not a damn thing to do with whether one lives in a rural county or in the heart of Detroit. It has everything to do with real life, common sense, taxes, inflation and credibility. Matthews may want to believe that this is about bumpkins who just don't know what is best for themselves. He can eat crap, pound sand and off he may do whatever with himself. This is about condescension and credibility. And it is reaching the boiling point. I mean c'mon, people that didn't go to college have a pretty good rage on their hands? This guy probably loves Romney and Haley.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:53 pm

Anyone want to guess who said this?
Look I vastly prefer Biden and would never vote for Trump. But saying you’re defending democracy while suppressing a primary in your own party is ridiculous.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:19 am

Biden gonna ask someone to hoard his beerver and watch him sign this:
Feb 5, 2024
WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a landmark compromise between Democrats and Republicans, the Senate is set to vote on a new anti-murder bill that will limit the allowed murders to only 5,000 per day.

The bill will also send $60 billion to Ukraine, $15 billion to Israel, and another $100 billion to Iran.

"Democrats wanted more murder, and we wanted less. We feel this is a reasonable compromise," said Senator Mitch McConnell to reporters before staring blankly at the cameras for 10 minutes straight. "Every day once we hit 5,000 killings, that's it — no more killing! And we're gonna be strict about that."

"Just think of all the additional killings above 5,000 per day that will be prevented by this important legislation."

Some conservatives in Congress have challenged the language in the bill, suggesting that zero murders would be a preferable number. "I dunno, do we have to have murder at all?" said a confused Ted Cruz. "Like, murder is bad and stuff. Maybe zero would be a better number than 5,000." Cruz was quickly condemned by every journalist on the hit show Morning Joe as a shameful partisan.

At publishing time, senators had reassured their biggest pro-murder donors that the bill wouldn't solve anything.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:04 pm

Biden just said the president of Mexico should open the border with Gaza.

In the meantime, the justice department said Biden was too senile to be responsible.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:55 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:04 pm

In the meantime, the justice department said Biden was too senile to be responsible.
Yeah, he's definitely on the downhill slope.

Here's a fun exercise for you. Listen to one of Trump's recent rallies then go back and listen to his 2016 debates. The man has obviously slipped some major cogs. He may be a few years behind Biden but he's on the same trajectory. We have terrible options right now on both sides.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:05 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:55 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:

Here's a fun exercise for you. Listen to one of Trump's recent rallies then go back and listen to his 2016 debates. The man has obviously slipped some major cogs. He may be a few years behind Biden but he's on the same trajectory. We have terrible options right now on both sides.

Is there a competent candidate that is like, 65 or something?

Can’t ignore those geezers in the senate who are stroking out on the daily. It seems like joining the senate club requires a spectacular amount of senile damage.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:19 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:05 am
I nominate Hagoth and Mayan_Elephant for Prez/Vice-Prez.

You two can decide who wears which hat - or maybe just trade weekly or monthly.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:58 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:19 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:

Write me in on line two. I can't help my own cause here, I don't vote anymore. Kind of a bummer and kind of a relief.

Dirty Bird

Post by Dirty Bird » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:44 am

wtfluff wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:19 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:

So you think a wokester and a Bernie Sanders supporter would turn the economy around? Yeah, I don't think so! Trump is who we need to Make America Great Again!

Dirty Bird

Post by Dirty Bird » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:49 am

Hagoth wrote:
Mayan_Elephant wrote:

You may want to start getting your information from more than MSNBC. Rachel Maddow is one of the biggest idiots on TV. Even Bidens Department of Justice thinks he's to far gone mentally to prosecute him. Trump derangement syndrome is real.

Dirty Bird

Post by Dirty Bird » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:00 am

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:35 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Hagoth wrote:

TDS

The guy was President for four years but somehow you think he can't run the country?

Do you realize the crap you're allowing the mainstream media convince you of is being done the exact same way the brethren of the church spoon fed you information as a Mormon? Look at what you write about Trump! Can you not see that the MainStream media has turned Trump into a Satan figure for you to dislike, just like the brethern turned an imaginary being into a monster they call Satan? They have literally hooked you with some delicious bait and you can't seem to shake the hook. Wake up, man!

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:44 am

Dirty Bird wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:49 am
Hagoth wrote:
Mayan_Elephant wrote:

You may want to start getting your information from more than MSNBC. Rachel Maddow is one of the biggest idiots on TV. Even Bidens Department of Justice thinks he's to far gone mentally to prosecute him. Trump derangement syndrome is real.
I didn't say anything about Maddow or anyone on TV. Just try the exercise for yourself and see if you don't agree. The man is losing ground fast. There's a good reason he won't debate people who can put two coherent sentences together. Nikki Haley would mop the floor with him before he could figure out that he wasn't debating Nancy Pelosi.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:12 am

Dirty Bird wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:00 am
Do you realize the crap you're allowing the mainstream media convince you of is being done the exact same way the brethren of the church spoon fed you information as a Mormon? Look at what you write about Trump! Can you not see that the MainStream media has turned Trump into a Satan figure for you to dislike, just like the brethern turned an imaginary being into a monster they call Satan? They have literally hooked you with some delicious bait and you can't seem to shake the hook. Wake up, man!
Dude, do you not listen to the stuff Trump actually says? Wake up, man!

Dirty Bird

Post by Dirty Bird » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:23 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:12 am
Dirty Bird wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:00 am
Dude, do you not listen to the stuff Trump actually says? Wake up, man!
Please tell me what Trump has said that's so bad I shouldn't vote for him.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:05 pm

Dirty Bird wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:23 am
That's between you and your conscience, my friend. You know as well as I do what he says and does. Most of it makes it impossible for me to vote for him, but I get it that some of you folks eat that sh!t up and I'm certainly not going to deny your right vote accordingly. But please don't smash up our capitol if he loses.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:30 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:05 pm
Dirty Bird wrote:
That's between you and your conscience, my friend. You know as well as I do what he says and does. Most of it makes it impossible for me to vote for him, but I get it that some of you folks eat that sh!t up and I'm certainly not going to deny your right vote accordingly. But please don't smash up our capitol if he loses.
hmmmmmmmmm. I am neutral on the widget here. As a reminder, I am a conscientious objector to voting in those rigged AF things where ballots are just going all over TF in the mail and getting counted however TF by whoever TF.

That said, calling someone a shiteater is an interesting approach here. Let me take this to a whole nuther level of real. If the media and a hundred million people called a hundred million other people shit eaters and then counted mailed papers however and whenever and dowhatever and then Dirty Bird's guy lost an election - could a few hundred people go apeshit crazy doing stupid stuff like they do in Portland on the weekends because they were called shiteaters?

I am not trying to stir things here. I have zero skin in the game. It is just remarkable to me that in light of the absolute dishonesty and travesty of mailing out ballots and then counting them for a guy as incoherent as Biden, that there is not some acknowledgement of the predictable consequences of calling people shiteaters for not voting for that alzheimers f****d puppet. This aint about Trump anymore, kids. This is about calling people nazis and shiteaters and god knows what for not voting for a guy who can't be held responsible for his own bowel movements. And then.... oh, you know, enough ballots came through the mail, LOL, to make this a serious problem.

Oh boy. I think I am making a great decision.

Dirty Bird

Post by Dirty Bird » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:28 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:05 pm
Dirty Bird wrote:
God Dxxxmmm!! Thats the most Mormon answer an exmormon could give to my question!🤣🤣 Again, you're proving that inside the progressive culture, Donald Trump is the Satan character inside the religion of wokeness. Your answer to my question about what has Trump said that is so bad I shouldn't vote for him, is no different than how my faithful Mormon family members answer me when I ask them for specific facts about Mormonism. They tell me if I want to know the truth, I should follow my conscience, in other words, listen to the prompting of the Holy Ghost. Look at your answer! You did the exact same thing! Proving that the progressive mindset is based on an appeal to emotions, not facts. Why? Because progressivism is a religion!