Happy Fam's Day

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Angel

Happy Fam's Day

Post by Angel » Sat May 11, 2024 9:42 pm

Happy two mothers day, happy two fathers day, happy for those without kids, happy for those with kids- either their own, step, adopted, or just anyone teaching coaching supporters of young-uns.

Happy for the new graduates. Happy for those without degrees - that is just fine too.

Happy summer break for those who celebrate summer.

Happy to all of you. It's all good. Celebrating one another's day, for all the life paths, Celebrating all the seasons and journies and celebration of everyone's choice for their life.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Conman52

Re: Happy Fam's Day

Post by Conman52 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:39 am

Right on Angel. Happy pimo-Non believers day.
By their fruits ye shall know them

Angel

Post by Angel » Sun May 12, 2024 6:43 am

Conman52 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 4:39 am
Right on Angel. Happy pimo-Non believers day.
May we be mentally aware of those struggling, a believer in one another, and a relief to those who need to hear there's more than one way to family.

Big hugs to all.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sun May 12, 2024 9:22 am

Happy Mothers Day!

Today I will be talking about the most important thing in my life. The gospel of Jesus Christ, our love for our Heavenly FATHER, the priesthood, and of course attending the temple!

In the recent GC, President Russel M Nelson, a true MAN of God, once said that the most important work we could do is worship and follow the prophet. Keep our priesthood keys worthy and do our home teaching.

In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Above said talk will probably be given today somewhere in Mormon land.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun May 12, 2024 9:39 am

I would like to expand the love to microorganisms, interdimensional entities and Lunar Quakers.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun May 12, 2024 2:38 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 9:39 am
I would like to expand the love to microorganisms, interdimensional entities and Lunar Quakers.
The Moon Quakers of Joseph Smith are practically forgotten in modern Conference talks. Are we all assuming that they hied to Kolob in a twinkling of an eye?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Conman52

Post by Conman52 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:11 am

I'm sure the moon quackers are fine they are happy to ignore us !!
By their fruits ye shall know them

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon May 13, 2024 5:23 am

Wasn't it Parley Pratt who suggest that before long the church's missionary efforts would expand to include the moon and other planets? IIRC he said it just depended on how soon they could come up with some sort of vessel to convey missionaries to those new districts.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."