Change.org Petition - Make TSCC Accountable

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
RubinHighlander

Change.org Petition - Make TSCC Accountable

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:16 pm

https://www.change.org/p/national-counc ... 7a8312c5e0

I've been angry today over the S. Baptist scandal, thinking about all that the COB gets away with and all these other faiths get away with under a non-profit status in this nation. I saw this petition and donated some $$. I don't know if they will get anywhere but it felt a little cathartic to do something besides beauch about it.
Last edited by RubinHighlander on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Just This Guy

Re: Change.org Petition - Make TSCC Accountable

Post by Just This Guy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:09 am

do you have a link to the petition itself? Your link is just to the home page.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 am

Just This Guy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:09 am
do you have a link to the petition itself? Your link is just to the home page.
Ooops - here ya go:
https://www.change.org/p/national-counc ... 7a8312c5e0
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:58 am

Signed.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

græy

Post by græy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:06 pm

I want to sign this. But I can't shake the feeling of someone from TSCMC going through the list and finding the "active" members. I'm a nobody, and yet, I still feel... targeted.
I'm better than dirt... well most dirt. Not that fancy store bought stuff, I can't compete with that... full of nutrients and everything. -Moe Sizlack

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:42 pm

græy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:06 pm
I want to sign this. But I can't shake the feeling of someone from TSCMC going through the list and finding the "active" members. I'm a nobody, and yet, I still feel... targeted.
I don't blame you. If you still have some skin in the game, no sense adding drama to your life.
--Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:49 pm

græy wrote:
I would love to be called in for something like this. Who's to blame when exercising your constitutional rights is considered a crime against the church?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Blashyrkh

Post by Blashyrkh » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:07 pm

græy wrote:
I had the same thought when I signed it. Honestly though, why let someone (bishop, SP) dictate your beliefs through fear and intimidation? Whats the worst thing that could happen? Excommunication if you don't recant? Good. Bring it.

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:53 am

I signed.

Random

Post by Random » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:16 pm

I signed it and shared the link with others.
[They] which knew me from the beginning . . . would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.
Acts 26:5