Still no thread on President Oak’s anti-LGBT bigotry?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Anon70
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:56 pm

Re: Still no thread on President Oak’s anti-LGBT bigotry?

Post by Anon70 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:14 am

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:04 pm
It seems to me that we create unnecessary problems when we think of homosexuals as people with certain sexual behaviors rather than as a segment of the human family. Imagine being heterosexual and knowing that you are primarily thought of as one of those people who goes around sticking penises in vaginas. Of course, this is exactly the kind over oversimplification and categorization that organizations like the church seek to proliferate.
This.

I have hope for the next gen. My kids truly don’t understand the othering when it comes to homosexuals.

I can’t imagine the damage Oaks will do as prophet. I really hope he passes before that can happen.

User avatar
Not Buying It
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: Still no thread on President Oak’s anti-LGBT bigotry?

Post by Not Buying It » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:57 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:41 am
“Newme” wrote: An old friend of mine used to be very focused on her talent of singing - whenever you talked to her, she manager to turn it to her singing... it left the impression that she used that to feel better about herself but it made her seem unbalanced and obsessed. It was as if that was her sole sense of identity and self esteem.
Replace singing with “anal fissures” and you’ve just described yourself.

Shut the fetch up about it!

Edited for language violation of NOM board rule #1
I'm going to try and respectfully take issue with this. I don't agree with Newme, but her point was that there are dangers in homosexual behaviors that no one talks about. A discussion of "anal fissures" is relevant to that argument, and while I disagree that it is any more of a risk than some things associated with heterosexual behaviors, she ought to be able to make that assertion without being told to "shut the fetch up".

A lot of people are here because Reddit is too angry and disrespectful. I've no right to tell you how to regulate your posts, but personally I would like it if this were a place where people can have discussions without having to worry about someone telling them to shut up.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

User avatar
wtfluff
Posts: 2073
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: Worshiping Gravity / Pulling Taffy

Re: Still no thread on President Oak’s anti-LGBT bigotry?

Post by wtfluff » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:57 am
I'm going to try and respectfully take issue with this. I don't agree with Newme, but her point was that there are dangers in homosexual behaviors that no one talks about. A discussion of "anal fissures" is relevant to that argument
Is it really that relevant though?

Heterosexual couples are completely capable of anal sex. There are "quite a few" more heterosexual couples in the world than there are homosexual couples. It's highly likely that there are more hetero couples having anal sex than homo couples. Should we ban heterosexual marriage?

If we take the "anal fissures" issue to extreme, then the only couples that should be "allowed" to be married are lesbian couples.

(As if not allowing gay marriage, or discriminating against, or "othering" any of these groups is going to stop any of them from having whatever kind of sex they feel like having...)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

Brilliant.

User avatar
alas
Posts: 1162
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Still no thread on President Oak’s anti-LGBT bigotry?

Post by alas » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Not Buying It wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:57 am
Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:41 am
“Newme” wrote: An old friend of mine used to be very focused on her talent of singing - whenever you talked to her, she manager to turn it to her singing... it left the impression that she used that to feel better about herself but it made her seem unbalanced and obsessed. It was as if that was her sole sense of identity and self esteem.
Replace singing with “anal fissures” and you’ve just described yourself.

Shut the fetch up about it!

Edited for language violation of NOM board rule #1
I'm going to try and respectfully take issue with this. I don't agree with Newme, but her point was that there are dangers in homosexual behaviors that no one talks about. A discussion of "anal fissures" is relevant to that argument, and while I disagree that it is any more of a risk than some things associated with heterosexual behaviors, she ought to be able to make that assertion without being told to "shut the fetch up".

A lot of people are here because Reddit is too angry and disrespectful. I've no right to tell you how to regulate your posts, but personally I would like it if this were a place where people can have discussions without having to worry about someone telling them to shut up.
I afree with NBI. People should be allowed to give their opinion on most things without being treated badly. I personally would draw the line at flat eartherism and holocaust denial and ;) tRump support.

State your disagreement, yes, but state it politely.

Now, as to my own opinion, society also fails to talk about the dangers of heterosexual behavior. If we are going to count all dangerous results of sexual behavior, pregnancy is about the most dangerous. Still, with all our modern medicine, pregnancy and child birth still kill women. In fact, the US has the highest rate of maternal death of any developed country. I don’t know any statistics, but I bet more women die in childbirth than homosexual men die of anal fissures.

There are lots of high risk behaviors. Riding ATVs is one . River rafting is another. As a newspaper reporter, my mother covered so many motor cycle accidents. Climbing Mt Everest also comes to mind. As does going jogging alone for females. Has anyone noticed how many women disappear while jogging and then their dead body is found? Not wearing your seatbelt, or bicycle helmet. Riding in a car is one of the most dangerous activities I can think of. Swimmers drown or get shark bit. Hiking in the desert kills people on a regular basis. Sky diving, bungie jumping, I could go on for hours about the danger activities humans engage in. None of these things is outlawed or even looked down upon. We may say they are stupid, but people have the right to be stupid.

User avatar
Red Ryder
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:14 pm

Re: Still no thread on President Oak’s anti-LGBT bigotry?

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:34 pm

I’m not going to apologize.

Post after post she continues to bring this up. She got into it with Jeffret last year, La Machina the year before. We can have intelligent conversations or polite conversations, but continuing to point out anal fissures won’t allow for both intelligent and polite questions.

Just follow her post history of anal fissures.

search.php?keywords=Anal&terms=all&auth ... mit=Search
Those who do not move do not notice their chains. —Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 3110
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Still no thread on President Oak’s anti-LGBT bigotry?

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:28 pm

I am a bit baffled by the degree of obsession some heterosexual people have with anal sex and why they are so focused on preventing other consenting adults from participating. Lots of things people do are dangerous. Also, there are a homosexual men who do not like anal sex, so are they ok?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
Newme
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: Still no thread on President Oak’s anti-LGBT bigotry?

Post by Newme » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:41 am
“Newme” wrote: An old friend of mine used to be very focused on her talent of singing - whenever you talked to her, she manager to turn it to her singing... it left the impression that she used that to feel better about herself but it made her seem unbalanced and obsessed. It was as if that was her sole sense of identity and self esteem.
Replace singing with “anal fissures” and you’ve just described yourself.

Shut the fetch up about it!

Edited for language violation of NOM board rule #1
If you have something object to - do so. But it seems you are throwing a fit because anatomical facts were presented and you can’t argue the obvious.

But thank you for being a case in point how some have switched from trying to “shut up apostates” to trying to shut up others who believe differently than you.

Bigotry: intolerance to views other than your own
Denial: declaring facts as untrue

User avatar
Newme
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: Still no thread on President Oak’s anti-LGBT bigotry?

Post by Newme » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Not Buying It wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:57 am
Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:41 am
“Newme” wrote: An old friend of mine used to be very focused on her talent of singing - whenever you talked to her, she manager to turn it to her singing... it left the impression that she used that to feel better about herself but it made her seem unbalanced and obsessed. It was as if that was her sole sense of identity and self esteem.
Replace singing with “anal fissures” and you’ve just described yourself.

Shut the fetch up about it!

Edited for language violation of NOM board rule #1
I'm going to try and respectfully take issue with this. I don't agree with Newme, but her point was that there are dangers in homosexual behaviors that no one talks about. A discussion of "anal fissures" is relevant to that argument, and while I disagree that it is any more of a risk than some things associated with heterosexual behaviors, she ought to be able to make that assertion without being told to "shut the fetch up".

A lot of people are here because Reddit is too angry and disrespectful. I've no right to tell you how to regulate your posts, but personally I would like it if this were a place where people can have discussions without having to worry about someone telling them to shut up.
Thank you. I respect you more for that.

If Red had 2 friends die from what is portrayed as “gay happy rainbows” & been bullied simply for stating anatomical and statistical facts, that are ignored resulting in others’ harm, he might take a different stand too.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests