How much weight do you anticipate gaining due to social distancing?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hagoth

How much weight do you anticipate gaining due to social distancing?

Post by Hagoth » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:14 pm

When I'm home where the food is I find it particularly difficult to look the other way.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Re: How much weight do you anticipate gaining due to social distancing?

Post by wtfluff » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:14 pm
When I'm home where the food is I find it particularly difficult to look the other way.
Well, that's a distinct possibility.

To quote a friend of mine when discussing this sort of "see-food" diet once upon a time: "Dude, that's just willpower."

I replied: "Yeah, I have none" (willpower.)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

We are secrets to each other

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:24 pm

I'm definitely eating lots of carbs, but also more physically active at home than I was at work.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 pm

I was thinking about cities in China where many people ate meals at street vendor stalls or bought food at wet markets. Eating habits must have taken a big jolt. I already had my big meal of the day, but I am starting to feel hungry just thinking of food.

Has it been proven that foods are just as calorie-laden during times of social distancing?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 pm
Has it been proven that foods are just as calorie-laden during times of social distancing?
I can only speak from personal experience, but I'm guessing about 50% higher calorie density, and it seems to mutate over time to follow the same curve as COVID-19. Next time I stand in line at Sam's Club I'll see if there is an isle where they stock diet food, you know, the stuff that follows the Dow Jones curve. I have a particular problem with food. It tends to get in my mouth.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:06 am

Still dropping the weight. The hardest thing is not giving in to the munchies after “medicating” in the evening. 😂

alas

Post by alas » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 pm

My husband had to go to Walmart to send off the tax paperwork to the guy who does our taxes. He decided to do a little grocery shopping while at Walmart. He came home with a pie, ice cream, and three bags of Easter candy. How to self medicate feeling depressed.