Sunday Morning NOMference!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Reuben

Re: Sunday Morning NOMference!!

Post by Reuben » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:34 pm

moksha wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:31 pm
2bizE wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:10 pm
I don’t think Dieter has spoken yet. He normally would be on his 3rd talk by now...
Why is he missing?
He's not in the First Presidency anymore, so he'll probably speak only once.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

JustHangingOn@57

Post by JustHangingOn@57 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:36 pm

Thank you so much NOM'ers for the Conference play by play! Sadly I have a vested interest in what happens in conference because my DW is still trapped in the religion, but I simply cant make myself sit through hours and hours of mind numbing pablum. Keep up the good work!

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:47 pm

StarbucksMom wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:27 pm
And the supposed church that speaks directly to Jesus and has 150 billion + in assets/real estate etc is giving NOTHING????? WTAF??!!

Oh Starbucks Mom. My heart grieves for you. Stan has really gotten a hold of the fleshy tables of your heart. My eyes are moist for you, as I hear you kick against the pricks even the holy apostles and mock the lords well endowed and anointed servants even Rusty Nelson.

I sorrow that you were not paying attention has he gave us a new proclamation AND a hanky wave to help us through these troubled times. Not only that but he decreed that we get to go without food again on Friday because it was such a marvelous work and a wonder the last time.

I trust that you will repent and come unto him who is mighty to save, even Joseph Chist...I mean Jesus Smith...I mean Joseph Smith - he who has done more for the salvation of men in this world than any man that has ever lived in it.

-lost

AdmiralHoldo

Post by AdmiralHoldo » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:08 pm

EXCUSE you, lost, we don't say S*tan. We say "the adversary" so that he doesn't know we're talking about him. Saying the name gives him power, as I'm sure you learned from the Harry Potter books.

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:43 pm

AdmiralHoldo wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:08 pm
EXCUSE you, lost, we don't say S*tan. We say "the adversary" so that he doesn't know we're talking about him. Saying the name gives him power, as I'm sure you learned from the Harry Potter books.
Damn! screwed up again!... I'm never going to make the celestial seasoning kingdom. :(

Newme

Post by Newme » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Reuben wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:33 pm
Newme wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:56 am
You put your hankie in
You put your hankie out
You put your hankie in
And then you shake it all about.
You sync with dear old Rusty
And try not to glance around.
That's the Hosanna Shout! (Yes sir!)

I am going to work really, really hard to not sing this around my wife...
:lol:
Laughter is so therapeutic. Thanks!