A reminder about sexual predators

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
2bizE

A reminder about sexual predators

Post by 2bizE » Wed May 20, 2020 5:54 pm

With churches closed for a few months, sexual predators in the church are probably going crazy from lack of access to our children. At some point, sexual predators will again insist they have to meet with our youth to make sure they are worthy. Remember, you can just say No.
This public safety announcement is brought to you by the Utah Department of Prisons.

https://kutv.com/news/local/former-lds- ... rn-charges
~2bizE

Mackman

Re: A reminder about sexual predators

Post by Mackman » Fri May 22, 2020 8:40 am

As a parent who has raised 3kids and is now adopting an 8 year old I never let my kids be alone for these "interviews" no matter how much they pushed it !!! Please Please Please parents do not give in to this you dont have too , protect the kids!!!!

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 am

In related news, my wife got her temple recommend renewed over Zoom last week. The signed temple recommend was mailed to her a few days ago. This is, seriously, a good model for worthiness interviews because this puts the authority figure under secular scrutiny as much as the congregant under ecclesiastic scrutiny. My recommend is up for renewal in June and I will likely avail myself of this remote temple recommend questioning. Clearly, the spirit of discernment has been authorized to work over remote connections.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Fri May 22, 2020 9:20 am

Corsair wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 am
Clearly, the spirit of discernment has been authorized to work over remote connections.
:lol:

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 am

slavereeno wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:20 am
Corsair wrote:
Clearly, the spirit of discernment has been authorized to work over remote connections.
:lol:
It must have a lower baud rate than priesthood power because you can't bless bread via Zoom.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Tue May 26, 2020 9:27 am

Corsair wrote:
In related news, my wife got her temple recommend renewed over Zoom last week. The signed temple recommend was mailed to her a few days ago. This is, seriously, a good model for worthiness interviews because this puts the authority figure under secular scrutiny as much as the congregant under ecclesiastic scrutiny. My recommend is up for renewal in June and I will likely avail myself of this remote temple recommend questioning. Clearly, the spirit of discernment has been authorized to work over remote connections.

It also makes it a lot easier to record. Now you can covertly get video of both parties for future needs. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but what is the possibility that some interviews are being recorded and sent to the SCMC for further review?
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed May 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:27 am
It also makes it a lot easier to record. Now you can covertly get video of both parties for future needs. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but what is the possibility that some interviews are being recorded and sent to the SCMC for further review?
I just can't imagine how adopting East German Stasi attributes is going to help the church. A proper background check will do a lot more than recording your temple recommend interview.

Also, I have already been published with Sunstone and my tithing record is pretty bare. I'm not likely up for LDS leadership and I lost any personal interest in doing so a long time ago.