Mr. and Mrs. Græy's Stuff

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
græy

Re: Mr. and Mrs. Græy's Stuff

Post by græy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:42 pm

I was a founding listener to the Marriage on a Tightrope podcast. After the first few episodes I invited DW to listen as well, and to my surprise, she did. After the first 10 or so episodes she started to pull back a bit and now generally only listens to new episodes when I specifically recommend one. That said, when the new round of Marriage on a Tightrope workshop classes came up this summer, I asked if she'd be interested and she agreed!

It has been awesome!

Conversations that previously just led to crying and shutting down have now been possible and even productive! I feel we have made great progress in terms of her actually understanding where I am at with my belief and willingness to participate in church. It has been a breath of fresh air for both of us.

Our previous attempts at therapy fell through, and now that we've gone through this class, I'm glad they did. We are still planning therapy for the not-too-distant future, but these classes have definitely started us off on a positive path for working through differences.
I'm better than dirt... well most dirt. Not that fancy store bought stuff, I can't compete with that... full of nutrients and everything. -Moe Sizlack

Random

Post by Random » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:05 pm

That's awesome, Graey!
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:30 am

That sounds really promising and hopefully it opens some doors up. I hope you let Allan know if you haven't - he's been great to follow on Facebook (I have not had any interactions with his wife outside of listening to their interview with RFM) and I know their podcast has helped a lot of people!