Realizing I have been duped, I am going back!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MalcolmVillager

Realizing I have been duped, I am going back!

Post by MalcolmVillager » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:26 am

Hey all, it has been fun, but I have to say adieu!

My patriarchal blessing warned me to "stay away from those who would tear me down". Sadly, I think that is what this group has been slowly doing. For the last several years I have been consoled into carnal security by each apostate post I have read. It is like each time I felt the confirmation bias of a post that helped me justify my sins, there was one more flaxen cord looped around my neck.

That time we shared drinks at the "Beer House" in phoenix was obviously counterfeit happiness. Afterall, wickedness never was happiness. I have been duped, hoping to find joy, all the while giving into my natural man.

There are rational explanations to all these historical and doctrinal challenges. Of course the Lord cannot make the gospel too obviously true or convenient to follow. It is a trial of faith. And Joseph said that "a religion that doesn't require the sacrifice of all things never has the power to produce the faith necessary for exaltation".

I am going back to orthodoxy and orthopraxy. I am betting on faith. No more justification of my sins of omission (skipping meetings, counting a friendly wave as a home teaching visit, not reading scriptures daily with real intent, not doing my geneology).

The truth wins in the end. Good wins in the end. And we know who has the truth and who is good. Like Jesus said in the bible, "(He) never said it would be easy, (He) only said it would be worth it!"

I am going to buckle up for 10 hours of inspiration from righteous and humble leaders this weekend. It will put me back on the straight and narrow. It will touch my heart as to where I have been mislead.

I want to be counted worthy. One of these April 6th's there will be a host of angels in heaven sweeping up the worthy for the rapture that will certainly be a swift end to those who fight against the truth. I know where I want to be!

What if it happens in a mere 5 days? Will you be ready?!

Raylan Givens

Re: Realizing I have been duped, I am going back!

Post by Raylan Givens » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:39 am

Happy April Fool's day.
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:20 am

MalcolmVillager wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:26 am
Hey all, it has been fun, but I have to say adieu!

My patriarchal blessing warned me to "stay away from those who would tear me down". Sadly, I think that is what this group has been slowly doing. For the last several years I have been consoled into carnal security by each apostate post I have read. It is like each time I felt the confirmation bias of a post that helped me justify my sins, there was one more flaxen cord looped around my neck.

That time we shared drinks at the "Beer House" in phoenix was obviously counterfeit happiness. Afterall, wickedness never was happiness. I have been duped, hoping to find joy, all the while giving into my natural man.

There are rational explanations to all these historical and doctrinal challenges. Of course the Lord cannot make the gospel too obviously true or convenient to follow. It is a trial of faith. And Joseph said that "a religion that doesn't require the sacrifice of all things never has the power to produce the faith necessary for exaltation".

I am going back to orthodoxy and orthopraxy. I am betting on faith. No more justification of my sins of omission (skipping meetings, counting a friendly wave as a home teaching visit, not reading scriptures daily with real intent, not doing my geneology).

The truth wins in the end. Good wins in the end. And we know who has the truth and who is good. Like Jesus said in the bible, "(He) never said it would be easy, (He) only said it would be worth it!"

I am going to buckle up for 10 hours of inspiration from righteous and humble leaders this weekend. It will put me back on the straight and narrow. It will touch my heart as to where I have been mislead.

I want to be counted worthy. One of these April 6th's there will be a host of angels in heaven sweeping up the worthy for the rapture that will certainly be a swift end to those who fight against the truth. I know where I want to be!

What if it happens in a mere 5 days? Will you be ready?!
WTF!!!!.....

I want in.

I also want to bare my testimony that I know Julie Rowe is a true seer....she did see things,...right?

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:41 am

Malcolm Villager wrote:That time we shared drinks at the "Beer House" in phoenix was obviously counterfeit happiness. Afterall, wickedness never was happiness. I have been duped, hoping to find joy, all the while giving into my natural man.
I thought it was a little weird when you and Korihor were sipping out of the same glass. I wasn't judging but counterfeit happiness wasn't my first thought.

See you back on the 7th!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:41 am
Malcolm Villager wrote:That time we shared drinks at the "Beer House" in phoenix was obviously counterfeit happiness. Afterall, wickedness never was happiness. I have been duped, hoping to find joy, all the while giving into my natural man.
I thought it was a little weird when you and Korihor were sipping out of the same glass. I wasn't judging but counterfeit happiness wasn't my first thought.

See you back on the 7th!
There was certainly a lot of sharing that night!

Random

Post by Random » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Raylan Givens wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:39 am
Happy April Fool's day.
Freak! I believed him and was like, "What the heck? Where did that come from?"
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK