Support through the holidays

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Just This Guy

Re: Support through the holidays

Post by Just This Guy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:11 am

Warning: whining to follow. Feel free to ignore this post.

Our Christmas took a major down turn.tone of stuff went wrong. We were going to go horseback caroling with a group from our barn, but DW had to work and DD#1&2 both got hit with stomach flu. Nothing like cleaning up puke at 2:00 AM. So my Saturday was stuck in with sick kids. Needless to say we didn't get a chance to go to the Christmas party that evening as well. Sunday we were planing to go to the Christmas Service at the local Episcopalian church (full choir, organ showcase, hand bell choir, their most elaborate service of the year.) DW and DS both come down with the flu that day. Si there went those plans. Monday we didn't have much planed, figured we would take things easy and be ready fro Christmas. Everyone is doing better, so we are hoping we are through this. Nope. Monday night, I get hit.

So today, I'm going to the bathroom every couple hours throughout the night, I got no rest. Morning, a lot of the plans got cut or scaled back. Kids had fun opening their presents, Fortunately, DS could play ringleader and keep the chaos to a dull roar. Christmas is always interesting with a toddler running around and it doen't help when you are down an adult and the other still isn't running at full strength.

Fortunately, after we got everything cleaned up, w could put the kids down in front of a movie and I could slip out to my room to rot.

Sigh... All your hopes and plans for the Holiday, and Murphy's Law has to come and smack you up side the gut.

Okay, I'll end my rant.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:19 am

I hope everyone is having a merry Christmas. Our family is getting through it. I was thinking that holidays shouldn't be so hard, but maybe that is what they are. Knowing this group is here makes me feel better.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Lithium Sunset wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:45 am
I did something impulsively yesterday... perhaps it was a gift to myself. My body practically did it on its own, I swear.

The boys stopped by all dressed up to drop off their Christmas gifts from dad and then go back out with dad and mistress. I had just been bopping around the house listening to good music so I was happy and happy to see them. Then my oldest son gives me a long sad look as he kisses me good bye.... I get a thought in my head that I am going to look at them in the car. Both the boys backs were to me, she was looking down at her phone, and he was staring point blank at me. I, with a smile on my face, flicked him the bird, and shut the garage door.

In a way a paid dearly for this... haha. My heart raced for hours and I felt like I had just robbed a bank... which is sad and pathetic even if understandable. A couple of friends laughed at the story and so did my mom. No one scolded me or said I was a bad person so I guess all is still right with the world haha. Hopefully the judge agrees if it comes up! In my fantasy land, where I place thoughts I can’t/shouldn’t actually do, he/she would applaud me. Of course I think fantasizing about flicking him off is what got me in this mess! My mind and body synced up haha!

Only one more sleep ‘til Christmas! I am going to brush on the horridness of last week and enjoy today and tomorrow as much as possible.
I’ll just take it hour by hour. Hope everyone stays safe and has a good holiday.
You are freaking awesome LS!!!! Way to go!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:34 am

Has everyone survived?

Sorry about the illness, Just This Guy.

My extended family blessing went well. I said, "I am going to offer an entirely non-denominational blessing. You can apply however it makes sense to you..." and then, without addressing it to any particular invisible beings, I said some words about gratitude for family and food and wishes for blessings, joy and peace." I got compliments from both the LDS and non-LDS attendees.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:20 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:34 am
Has everyone survived?
Best "Christmas" in recent memory for me.

The "Holidays" aren't over yet though, there's still time for things to go south. (Fingers crossed that doesn't happen... :roll: )
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:06 pm

MoPag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:10 pm
You are freaking awesome LS!!!! Way to go!!!
Thank you! Sometimes the right have to be allowed to be wrong. Hope you are hangin in there Mo.

I don’t see the holidays as over yet either, but close! Here is to a better 2019!
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Random

Post by Random » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:46 pm

Mackman wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:36 pm
If we simply have hope to have faith he exists I believe that is enough and he loves us individually, organized religion is man made and only serves men with power real religion is or own ability to worship God or whatever higher power we have faith in. Merry Christmas . Love my NOM family.
I think this is spot on. Organized religion seems to exist to serve those who would like to be the masters, with followers giving them adoration, honor, and money. I think God does not think like people do and I think your view of him/them is spot on.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Random

Post by Random » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:49 pm

Lithium Sunset wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:45 am
In a way a paid dearly for this... haha. My heart raced for hours and I felt like I had just robbed a bank... which is sad and pathetic even if understandable.
I felt exactly the same way the first time I wore a tank top outside. I live near the edge of town and was walking toward "the boonies". I saw no one, but still felt as if I was committing a grievous sin, that someone would see me, and that I would get in trouble.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:52 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:11 am
Warning: whining to follow. Feel free to ignore this post.

. . .

Okay, I'll end my rant.
Hugs. That is totally crappy and I hope you and your family are feeling better now. I hope you can do something fun for New Year's.

PK