Update after meeting with counselor

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
stuck

Update after meeting with counselor

Post by stuck » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:59 am

I met with Veon also recently after some of you recommended him. I think one of the main problems I have and maybe some others on this site has also is being able to live authentically while being married to believing spouses. For example I have confessed to my wife that I have been drinking coffee and not wearing my garments and listening to podcasts like mormonstories. I have explained that it's not to disrespect her but it just makes my life better doing these things. So in the session we discussed that at some point I am going to have to confront her with my need to live authentically. Because right now I feel like I have to hide these things from her because I know she doesn't like it. Fortunately she has allowed me to stop attending priesthood meeting, but I continue to do these other things without her knowing. When the time is right, I will have to sit down with her and let her know that it is important that I live authentically. He said I could mention that I want to do this in order to live my life with integrity to myself. In my mind there is nothing wrong with doing these things. I do like how Hermey mentioned that therapy has helped him and his family. Hopefully we can get to this point as well.